[Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?

Date2021-09-15 17:16
FromIain Duncan
Subject[Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
Hi list, I have ordered Victor's book, but wanted to ask here if there are any other particular resources on learning about spectralism with Csound that you would recommend, both current and historical. I'm taking a grad course this term on computational analysis and am leaning to a csound/spectralism based term project.

thanks!
iain

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
There's a chapter in the Csound 2016 book on frequency domain, and a case study at the end of the book.

On 15 Sep 2021, at 17:17, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi list, I have ordered Victor's book, but wanted to ask here if there are any other particular resources on learning about spectralism with Csound that you would recommend, both current and historical. I'm taking a grad course this term on computational analysis and am leaning to a csound/spectralism based term project.

thanks!
iain

FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
Thanks Victor, I have that book too and will look it up.

iain

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:06 AM Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
There's a chapter in the Csound 2016 book on frequency domain, and a case study at the end of the book.

On 15 Sep 2021, at 17:17, Iain Duncan <iainduncanlists@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi list, I have ordered Victor's book, but wanted to ask here if there are any other particular resources on learning about spectralism with Csound that you would recommend, both current and historical. I'm taking a grad course this term on computational analysis and am leaning to a csound/spectralism based term project.

thanks!
iain

FromPartev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?

Julius Orion Smith, III, 4th book on Spectral Audio Processing is always
good for the frequency domain world of it.

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/sasp/

-PBS

[...]

Fantastic, thanks Partev!

iain

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 12:48 PM Partev Sarkissian <0000060b2ef1338e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:

[...]

Fromluis jure
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
Re Victor's latest book (Spectral Music Design: A Computational
Approach), is it possible to buy it in a portable electronic format,
like pdf?

At the publisher's site [1] it's only available in printed formats
(hard- and softcover). The "ebook" link says "This title is available
as an ebook. To purchase, visit your preferred ebook provider."

I found it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, but they provide it in their
proprietary formats (Kindle and Nook) that I cannot read (AFAIK) on my
Linux desktop.

[1]
https://global.oup.com/academic/product/spectral-music-design-9780197524022

--
ljc

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
That’s not something I know much about, but I reckon it’s not available as PDF then. I actually don’t even have a copy of the published book myself yet electronic or print.

> On 15 Sep 2021, at 22:49, luis jure  wrote:
>
> Re Victor's latest book (Spectral Music Design: A Computational
> Approach), is it possible to buy it in a portable electronic format,
> like pdf?
>
> At the publisher's site [1] it's only available in printed formats
> (hard- and softcover). The "ebook" link says "This title is available
> as an ebook. To purchase, visit your preferred ebook provider."
>
> I found it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, but they provide it in their
> proprietary formats (Kindle and Nook) that I cannot read (AFAIK) on my
> Linux desktop.
>

> [1]
> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fglobal.oup.com%2Facademic%2Fproduct%2Fspectral-music-design-9780197524022&data=04%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C18b9750e02c94886dace08d97892ac3f%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C1%7C1%7C637673393627643879%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=afxdjAuICjCrMuCId%2BU94ruGVyaTr1jLNK3A42wQ9FU%3D&reserved=0
>
> --
> ljc

>        https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&data=04%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C18b9750e02c94886dace08d97892ac3f%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C1%7C1%7C637673393627643879%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=bn2u2INcHSqklzpxzImqhNxKpBHIKV0JT10WruJVtG0%3D&reserved=0

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
My student and I both have our hard copies. They should send at least one copy to Victor!
 ;-)

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> [...]
>
>> On 15 Sep 2021, at 22:49, luis jure  wrote:
>>
>> Re Victor's latest book (Spectral Music Design: A Computational
>> Approach), is it possible to buy it in a portable electronic format,
>> like pdf?
>>
>> At the publisher's site [1] it's only available in printed formats
>> (hard- and softcover). The "ebook" link says "This title is available
>> as an ebook. To purchase, visit your preferred ebook provider."
>>
>> I found it on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, but they provide it in their
>> proprietary formats (Kindle and Nook) that I cannot read (AFAIK) on my
>> Linux desktop.
>>

>> [1]
>> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=outlook.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9ldXIwMi5zYWZlbGlua3MucHJvdGVjdGlvbi5vdXRsb29rLmNvbS8_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&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YnJiVENhRFNPbWhGZXlMM1BVV2JCU3VpN2didUNsYW1TYWtrWkkwWUtQYz0=&h=98f1d29640534439863348fdd7e717c1
>>
>> --
>> ljc

>> Send bugs reports to
>>       https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=outlook.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9ldXIwMi5zYWZlbGlua3MucHJvdGVjdGlvbi5vdXRsb29rLmNvbS8_dXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGZ2l0aHViLmNvbSUyRmNzb3VuZCUyRmNzb3VuZCUyRmlzc3VlcyZkYXRhPTA0JTdDMDElN0NWaWN0b3IuTGF6emFyaW5pJTQwbXUuaWUlN0MxOGI5NzUwZTAyYzk0ODg2ZGFjZTA4ZDk3ODkyYWMzZiU3QzE0NTRmNWNjYmIzNTQ2ODViYmQ5ODYyMWZkODA1NWM5JTdDMSU3QzElN0M2Mzc2NzMzOTM2Mjc2NDM4NzklN0NVbmtub3duJTdDVFdGcGJHWnNiM2Q4ZXlKV0lqb2lNQzR3TGpBd01EQWlMQ0pRSWpvaVYybHVNeklpTENKQlRpSTZJazFoYVd3aUxDSlhWQ0k2TW4wJTNEJTdDMjAwMCZzZGF0YT1ibjJ1MklOY0hTcWtsenB4ekltcWhOeEtwQkhJS1YwSlQxMFdydUpWdEcwJTNEJnJlc2VydmVkPTA=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=Ump6dnZ1QnM4bDNZZ1E4VmxENUx0ZDBUMDBNTmRRb2hNczgyc2tGWXhVUT0=&h=98f1d29640534439863348fdd7e717c1

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=98f1d29640534439863348fdd7e717c1
> Send bugs reports to
>        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=98f1d29640534439863348fdd7e717c1

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] resources on spectralism in csound?
I'm sure it's coming, just didn't get here yet.