[Csnd] Running realtime without sound interface?

Date2020-08-10 10:53
FromJana Hübenthal
Subject[Csnd] Running realtime without sound interface?
Hi,

today I'm experimenting a little bit with OSC. Working on a script which just sends OSC messages and does not output sound on its own.
Usually not a great thing, noone needs to send any sound to the output.

My problem: the computer doesn't even have a sound interface. Using the --nosound option lets my script run - but MUCH too fast of course, since it sets csound into the rendering mode.

Is there any solution for such tasks? I did not find anything so far. My Csound version is 6.13, running on Ubuntu.

Best,
Jana

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Running realtime without sound interface?
Hi,

Try
-+rtaudio=null -odac

E, 10. august 2020 12:53 Jana Hübenthal <jana@ebene11.de> kirjutas:
Hi,

today I'm experimenting a little bit with OSC. Working on a script which just sends OSC messages and does not output sound on its own.
Usually not a great thing, noone needs to send any sound to the output.

My problem: the computer doesn't even have a sound interface. Using the --nosound option lets my script run - but MUCH too fast of course, since it sets csound into the rendering mode.

Is there any solution for such tasks? I did not find anything so far. My Csound version is 6.13, running on Ubuntu.

Best,
Jana

FromJana Hübenthal
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Running realtime without sound interface?
Ah yes, that does the trick.  There are still so many options I never came across :-)  Thank you so much.

Best,
Jana