[Csnd] demo, student works

Date2021-02-20 12:30
FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
Subject[Csnd] demo, student works
Hi,

I had a two week audio programming workshop with students at NTNU and UIO. some creative and fun results.
And especially interesting for running Csound on the Web, the "Funky Balls" interface:
(link to live demo towards the bottom of the page). Using paper.js graphics elements to control mix and routing of audio related to the objects' position and size on the screen.

all best
Øyvind

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
... and this one was documented outside of the mct blog:
Using "planetary orbits" as LFOs for parameter automation.

The students did all the work, I just pointed them in appropriate directions and gave some basic materials :-)
Thanks so much to all the work done of the Csound devs to make this so readily available for creative exploration!

all best
Øyvind

lør. 20. feb. 2021 kl. 13:30 skrev Oeyvind Brandtsegg <obrandts@gmail.com>:
Hi,

I had a two week audio programming workshop with students at NTNU and UIO. some creative and fun results.
And especially interesting for running Csound on the Web, the "Funky Balls" interface:
(link to live demo towards the bottom of the page). Using paper.js graphics elements to control mix and routing of audio related to the objects' position and size on the screen.

all best
Øyvind

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Nice work. Well done to all your students. Looks like they really got into it.

On Sat 20 Feb 2021, 12:35 p.m. Oeyvind Brandtsegg, <obrandts@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Wonderful!

- dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 10:50 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
[...]

FromJason Hallen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Yeah, these are inspiring!  Thanks for sharing.

Jason

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 10:05 AM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
[...]

+1 Bravo to you and your students!  (This also makes me think we need
to create a WebAudio csound gallery :) )

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 11:09 AM Jason Hallen  wrote:

> Yeah, these are inspiring!  Thanks for sharing.
>
> Jason
>
> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 10:05 AM Dr. Richard Boulanger  wrote:
>>
>> Wonderful!
>>
>> - dB
>>

>> Dr. Richard Boulanger
>>
>> Professor
>>
>> Electronic Production and Design
>>
>> Berklee College of Music
>>
>> Professional Writing & Technology Division
>>

>> On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 10:50 AM Rory Walsh  wrote:
>>>
>>> Nice work. Well done to all your students. Looks like they really got into it.

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Hello Oeyvind,
Feb 20 2021, Oeyvind Brandtsegg has written:
> All here https://mct-master.github.io/

Thank you for sharing. Trinity sounds very interesting. I couldn't yet
download it, I have to change OS first. But I have read the description
and am really looking forward to hear the sound and possibly have a
play. Though, I get a feeling that Trinity comes with some GUI, so some
adaptation first. :)

All in all, it sounds like a great collection of work!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Loneliness up ahead, emptiness behind <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Yes.  We need a WebAudio Csound Gallery for sure!

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 11:09 AM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=a5eb0824c54a493c8e3704bb279c990b
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=a5eb0824c54a493c8e3704bb279c990b

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Hello Oeyvind,
Feb 20 2021, Oeyvind Brandtsegg has written:
I can't access the files, it seems. Trying to download Trinity v1 even
Safari with voiceover fails, saying that there may be too many
redirections. Though apparently the content structure of a zip file is
displayed. Will there be other places where these demos will be
available?

TIA and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Hi Jeanette,

For the trinity plug, the page is at
The plugin zip file is at
When I click this link from here it opens a page (google drive) where the zip can be downloaded. Perhaps the googledrive page creates problems for you(?).
There is a link on this page that will download the file, on the upper right. Right next to "add shortcut to google drive", and also the login/account info for the (your) google account.
Sorry that I don't have the solution right away, but hope there are ways that you can access the google drive file.

all best
Oeyvind

tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 14:46 skrev Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de>:
Hello Oeyvind,
Feb 20 2021, Oeyvind Brandtsegg has written:
> All here https://mct-master.github.io/
I can't access the files, it seems. Trying to download Trinity v1 even
Safari with voiceover fails, saying that there may be too many
redirections. Though apparently the content structure of a zip file is
displayed. Will there be other places where these demos will be
available?

TIA and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] demo, student works
Thanks a lot Oeyvind. Yes, GoogleDrive does cause my screenreader some issues.
:( Well, I just hope that in the fullness of time these works will be
published elsewhere. They all sound very worthy of more attention. :)