[Csnd] 6.16.1 release

Subject[Csnd] 6.16.1 release
Dear All,

a hotfix release of 6.16 is out, solving the occasional issues with the use of turnoff/turnoff2 and gaps in the audio
output. This is the same as 6.16.0 except for that change, and so maniuals and release notes are the same.

best

Fromadam
SubjectRe: [Csnd] 6.16.1 release - how to update (linux)
Just to confirm how to upgrade to 6.16
I'm a novice on Ubuntu 18.04.5 64-bit

These were the instructions I used last time,
https://github.com/csound/csound/blob/develop/BUILD.md

$ csound
0dBFS level = 32768.0
--Csound version 6.14 (double samples) Nov 10 2019
[commit: 87a96b84b0805ae55ac10bd7397e071037d1a49c]
libsndfile-1.0.28
Usage:      csound [-flags] orchfile scorefile
end of score.		   overall amps:      0.0
	   overall samples out of range:        0
0 errors in performance
Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 0.008s, CPU: 0.000s

$ which csound
/usr/local/bin/csound

While installation options may be detailed in the Install.md or Readme.txt files
of the new 6.16 package, its the uninstall of existing 6.14 I'm uncertain about.

So I'm assuming the uninstall to be,

$ sudo make uninstall csound

and then simply resume the install from step 1 of "Building Csound 6" here

On Wed, 2021-06-30 at 08:39 +0000, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> a hotfix release of 6.16 is out, solving the occasional issues with the use of
> turnoff/turnoff2 and gaps in the audio
> output. This is the same as 6.16.0 except for that change, and so maniuals and release
> notes are the same.
>
> best

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] 6.16.1 release
Hi!

Thanks a lot! First of all - although it is out for some time, there were never vey clear announcement. Big respect, deepest thanks and congratulationsto all developers for the release of 6.16!!!

Tarmo

K, 30. juuni 2021 11:39 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> kirjutas:
Dear All,

a hotfix release of 6.16 is out, solving the occasional issues with the use of turnoff/turnoff2 and gaps in the audio
output. This is the same as 6.16.0 except for that change, and so maniuals and release notes are the same.

best

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] 6.16.1 release
A special thanks to Stephen Kyne for promptly fixing the Windows builds.

On Jun 30, 2021, at 11:58 AM, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi!

Thanks a lot! First of all - although it is out for some time, there were never vey clear announcement. Big respect, deepest thanks and congratulationsto all developers for the release of 6.16!!!

Tarmo

K, 30. juuni 2021 11:39 Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> kirjutas:
Dear All,

a hotfix release of 6.16 is out, solving the occasional issues with the use of turnoff/turnoff2 and gaps in the audio
output. This is the same as 6.16.0 except for that change, and so maniuals and release notes are the same.

best

SubjectRe: [Csnd] 6.16.1 release - how to update (linux)
actually it is not necessary to uninstall.  just get the new sources and
build according to the instructions.  it should replace your version in
/usr/local/bin/csound with the new one (after sudo make install).

	joachim