From: A discussion list for users of Csound CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

Sent: Aug 15, 2021 6:04 AM

To: CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

Subject: Re: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] Possible machine type incompatibility?

I think it is more likely that she is using an x86 configuration in VS. I noticed that last year when I was helping some students who had Windows machines. When you start a new project, VS creates configurations for both architectures and tries to build for both, failing miserably if you added a 64bit library to the project. It's very confusing if you are only starting up with using VS and programming.

On Aug 15, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Michael Gogins <michael.gogins@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Yes. x86 is 32 bit CPU architecture, x64 is 64 bit CPU architecture. Is it possible that you have a 32 bit CPU  only architecture version of Windows? 64 bits is now standard for Csound and most software. If you have a 64 bit version of Windows than change your project options to target x64.

On Sat, Aug 14, 2021, 22:46 Jana Cole <quikscor@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
I'm trying to compile the code below in Visual Studio, and I'm getting this warning about machine type. Is it related to the fatal error?
Is the fatal error referring to the library?

C:\Program Files\Csound6_x64\lib\csound64.lib : warning LNK4272: library machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'x86'
1>C:\jana\csound\projects\csound_api_test\Debug\csound_api_test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 140 unresolved externals
1>Done building project "csound_api_test.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

#include "csound.hpp"

int main(int argc, const char** argv)
{
        Csound* cs = new Csound();