Re: [Csnd] Administrivia - windows csound 6.15 and csoundqt

Date2020-09-01 20:57
FromCsounder Csounder <0000017e1be09e0e-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Administrivia - windows csound 6.15 and csoundqt
Hi all, csound 6.15 does not contain csoundqt in the installer, and in the csoundqt site is said that the csound installer contains csoundqt.

May someone clarify how to install csound in windows with csoundqt ?

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 6:27:17 AM GMT+3, john,,, <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:

Message for September 2020

This is a regular monthly reminder for the Csound list.

The Csound list welcomes posts from people with ALL levels of skill,
from the newest newbie to the most serious hacker or established
composer.  The subject and tenor of the posts varies dramatically
depending on what the current concerns are.  Newbies are sometimes
afraid to post because they read discussions about the
incomprehensible deep inner workings, and all they want to know is how
to get a sound to come out of their computer, or advice on how to get
mobile sounds.  Rest assured that your questions will be answered
quickly, and (usually) in a helpful and courteous manner.  We have all
been there.  Please post.

If you find a bug or want to request for a new feature for the csound
library please report it here and/or open a ticket by going to

Please note that front-ends and other csound-based systems (e.g blue,
CsoundQt, Cabbage) have their own reporting schemes.

The developers particularly love bug reports that say which platform,
operating system and version (we are currently maintaining 6.15 while
developing csound7) were involved and a simple test program.

If you are thinking of submitting new code please read the Submission
advice (Submitting_opcodes.md) and/or consult a core developer.

==List Administrator

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Administrivia - windows csound 6.15 and csoundqt
Hi,

I have not tried it but if you install Csound 6.15 and then download CsoundQt from
- unzip it and run CsoundQt-d-html-cs6.exe from there.

There is also an experimental package that contains both CsoundQt and Csound bundled in. This is with Csound 6.14 but I will remake it with Csound 6.15 after some work with CsoundQt. (When I tried on one machine, there was a dll file missing but you can get it from some dll-download page, if you care):

Best regards,
tarmo

Kontakt Csounder Csounder (<0000017e1be09e0e-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval T, 1. september 2020 kell 23:02:
[...]

thanks for the tip regarding the csoundqt download page.  i updated now
http://csoundqt.github.io/pages/download.html.

	joachim

On 01/09/2020 21:57, Csounder Csounder wrote:
> Hi all, csound 6.15 does not contain csoundqt in the installer, and in
> the csoundqt site is said that the csound installer contains csoundqt.
> https://csoundqt.github.io/pages/download.html
> https://csound.com/download.html
>
> May someone clarify how to install csound in windows with csoundqt ?
>

> On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 6:27:17 AM GMT+3, john,,,
>  wrote:
>

> Message for September 2020
>

> This is a regular monthly reminder for the Csound list.
>
> The Csound list welcomes posts from people with ALL levels of skill,
> from the newest newbie to the most serious hacker or established
> composer.  The subject and tenor of the posts varies dramatically
> depending on what the current concerns are.  Newbies are sometimes
> afraid to post because they read discussions about the
> incomprehensible deep inner workings, and all they want to know is how
> to get a sound to come out of their computer, or advice on how to get
> mobile sounds.  Rest assured that your questions will be answered
> quickly, and (usually) in a helpful and courteous manner.  We have all
> been there.  Please post.
>
> If you find a bug or want to request for a new feature for the csound
> library please report it here and/or open a ticket by going to
>
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
> Please note that front-ends and other csound-based systems (e.g blue,
> CsoundQt, Cabbage) have their own reporting schemes.
>
> The developers particularly love bug reports that say which platform,
> operating system and version (we are currently maintaining 6.15 while
> developing csound7) were involved and a simple test program.
>
> If you are thinking of submitting new code please read the Submission
> advice (Submitting_opcodes.md) and/or consult a core developer.
>
> ==List Administrator

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

FromMarc Demers
Subject[Csnd] RE=?iso-8859-1?Q?=A0=3A_?=[Csnd] Administrivia - windows csound 6.15 and csoundqt

Hi,

Csound come with CsoundQt 0.9.7 for all versions (Linux, Mac and Windows).

You can download the latest CsoundQt (0.9.8.1) directly from Github and install it where ever you wanted. It will find Csound and works (for me anyway it works fine on Windows 10 Pro beta 20H2).

Regards,

Marc

Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10

De : Csounder Csounder
Envoyé le :mardi 1 septembre 2020 16:02
À : CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE
Objet :Re: [Csnd] Administrivia - windows csound 6.15 and csoundqt

[...]

Hi Tarmo,

Is it possible to download the latest version of CsoundQT 0.9.8.2 ???