[Csnd] Does anybody knows how to implement spat3d for mixing?

Date2020-01-23 13:31
Fromslobodanip
Subject[Csnd] Does anybody knows how to implement spat3d for mixing?
Hello Csounders, I'm a singer/songwriter and I was wondering if is it
possible to mix with headphones using the spat3d opcode.

Basically, I was thinking about this:

- Mixing with headphones
- Use the spat3d opcode with "Max For Live" (Ableton Live) to recreate a
room space to simulate the "monitor speakers".

Does anybody has tried this before?
Do you think it is possible?
Do you any suggestions if I can implement this?

Thank you!

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Does anybody knows how to implement spat3d for mixing?
Jan 23 2020, slobodanip has written:
> Basically, I was thinking about this:
>
> - Mixing with headphones
> - Use the spat3d opcode with "Max For Live" (Ableton Live) to recreate a
> room space to simulate the "monitor speakers".
I don't know about the connection to Ableton, but the rest is possible,
though you'd be forced to sit very still to not destroy the illusion.

An even better opcode for this might be the hrtf family with headphones.
You can create your room dimensions and then get a stereo signal. Put it
in the places where you want the monitors. You have to run two instances
of hrtfearly or spat3d, one for each monitor.

With hrtfearly you also should use hrtfreverb for late reflections.

You'll need a good CPU to run this live.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c