[Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3

Date2020-05-03 14:14
Fromsjakops
Subject[Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
I would like to suggest that a new 'turnoff3' opcode be added to Csound (or
to modify one of the existing turnoff opcodes).

This is to support a use case which I believe should be pretty common (?).
Imagine someone writing a custom scoring language that is being translated
into a Csound score and sent to Csound via the API. He/she also has a tool
for working with these custom scores where the user can repeatedly audition
- start and stop - playback of the score.

With the existing turnoff opcodes it is only possible to turn off a single
playing note, so every time the user starts and stops playback of the score,
all the generated notes stay in the 'playback queue' of Csound, and must be
immediately turned off (because they are no longer 'relevant') once they
'arrive' to the instrument(s).

Imagine a very lange score - perhaps thousands of notes - that it is being
auditioned by the user many, many times. This will generate a very large
'playback queue' within Csound, which I believe could eventually lead to
some performance problems. Also, it is a bit awkward having to deal with
this issue within all the instrument.

So I think there ought to be a way to remove some specific, 'tagged' (maybe
via the given 'fraction' of the instrument number) instrument events from
the playback queue - perhaps by use of a new turnoff3 opcode.

N.B. I am aware that it is possible to stop and start the whole Csound
performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a very
long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also, with
the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of the
score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work with
several score fragments).

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Can you be more explicit of what you want?  It seems too vague at present.

⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

On May 3, 2020, 14:14, at 14:14, sjakops  wrote:
>I would like to suggest that a new 'turnoff3' opcode be added to Csound
>(or
>to modify one of the existing turnoff opcodes).
>
>This is to support a use case which I believe should be pretty common
>(?).
>Imagine someone writing a custom scoring language that is being
>translated
>into a Csound score and sent to Csound via the API. He/she also has a
>tool
>for working with these custom scores where the user can repeatedly
>audition
>- start and stop - playback of the score.
>
>With the existing turnoff opcodes it is only possible to turn off a
>single
>playing note, so every time the user starts and stops playback of the
>score,
>all the generated notes stay in the 'playback queue' of Csound, and
>must be
>immediately turned off (because they are no longer 'relevant') once
>they
>'arrive' to the instrument(s).
>
>Imagine a very lange score - perhaps thousands of notes - that it is
>being
>auditioned by the user many, many times. This will generate a very
>large
>'playback queue' within Csound, which I believe could eventually lead
>some performance problems. Also, it is a bit awkward having to deal
>with
>this issue within all the instrument.
>
>So I think there ought to be a way to remove some specific, 'tagged'
>(maybe
>via the given 'fraction' of the instrument number) instrument events
>from
>the playback queue - perhaps by use of a new turnoff3 opcode.
>
>N.B. I am aware that it is possible to stop and start the whole Csound
>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>very
>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>with
>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>the
>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>with
>several score fragments).
>

>--
>Sent from:
>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Sounds like a request to remove pending events in the scheduler?

On May 3, 2020, 14:14, at 14:14, sjakops <sorenkj@gmail.com> wrote:
>I would like to suggest that a new 'turnoff3' opcode be added to Csound
>(or
>to modify one of the existing turnoff opcodes).
>
>This is to support a use case which I believe should be pretty common
>(?).
>Imagine someone writing a custom scoring language that is being
>translated
>into a Csound score and sent to Csound via the API. He/she also has a
>tool
>for working with these custom scores where the user can repeatedly
>audition
>- start and stop - playback of the score.
>
>With the existing turnoff opcodes it is only possible to turn off a
>single
>playing note, so every time the user starts and stops playback of the
>score,
>all the generated notes stay in the 'playback queue' of Csound, and
>must be
>immediately turned off (because they are no longer 'relevant') once
>they
>'arrive' to the instrument(s).
>
>Imagine a very lange score - perhaps thousands of notes - that it is
>being
>auditioned by the user many, many times. This will generate a very
>large
>'playback queue' within Csound, which I believe could eventually lead
>some performance problems. Also, it is a bit awkward having to deal
>with
>this issue within all the instrument.
>
>So I think there ought to be a way to remove some specific, 'tagged'
>(maybe
>via the given 'fraction' of the instrument number) instrument events
>from
>the playback queue - perhaps by use of a new turnoff3 opcode.
>
>N.B. I am aware that it is possible to stop and start the whole Csound
>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>very
>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>with
>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>the
>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>with
>several score fragments).
>

>--
>Sent from:
>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>Send bugs reports to
>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromSøren Jakobsen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Sure:) I was trying to describe the type of use that the solution
should support - anything that solves the problems actually would be
fine - but let's just say that with turnoff3 it is possible to remove
all pending instrument events of a given instrument number/fraction.
Would it be possible to implement that?

On 5/4/20, John ff  wrote:
> Can you be more explicit of what you want?  It seems too vague at present.
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On May 3, 2020, 14:14, at 14:14, sjakops  wrote:
>>I would like to suggest that a new 'turnoff3' opcode be added to Csound
>>(or
>>to modify one of the existing turnoff opcodes).
>>
>>This is to support a use case which I believe should be pretty common
>>(?).
>>Imagine someone writing a custom scoring language that is being
>>translated
>>into a Csound score and sent to Csound via the API. He/she also has a
>>tool
>>for working with these custom scores where the user can repeatedly
>>audition
>>- start and stop - playback of the score.
>>
>>With the existing turnoff opcodes it is only possible to turn off a
>>single
>>playing note, so every time the user starts and stops playback of the
>>score,
>>all the generated notes stay in the 'playback queue' of Csound, and
>>must be
>>immediately turned off (because they are no longer 'relevant') once
>>they
>>'arrive' to the instrument(s).
>>
>>Imagine a very lange score - perhaps thousands of notes - that it is
>>being
>>auditioned by the user many, many times. This will generate a very
>>large
>>'playback queue' within Csound, which I believe could eventually lead
>>some performance problems. Also, it is a bit awkward having to deal
>>with
>>this issue within all the instrument.
>>
>>So I think there ought to be a way to remove some specific, 'tagged'
>>(maybe
>>via the given 'fraction' of the instrument number) instrument events
>>from
>>the playback queue - perhaps by use of a new turnoff3 opcode.
>>
>>N.B. I am aware that it is possible to stop and start the whole Csound
>>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>>very
>>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>>with
>>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>>the
>>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>>with
>>several score fragments).
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Sorry to resurrect this one, Steven I was looking for that functionality recently, I think its the same thing roughly as sjakops is talking about, say I schedule all my notes after I hit play in juce, and read the entire score file to csound, then it schedules them at the appropriate times, means I haven't found a way to cancel the events without literally reloading the CSD, (without reading the files in realtime which id rather avoid) but I'd think SOMEWHERE theres gotta be an array of messages that are scheduled on some sort of timer thread, do you know of a way to access it?

On 5/4/20, John ff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> Can you be more explicit of what you want?  It seems too vague at present.
>
> ⁣Sent from TypeApp ​
>
> On May 3, 2020, 14:14, at 14:14, sjakops <sorenkj@gmail.com> wrote:
>>I would like to suggest that a new 'turnoff3' opcode be added to Csound
>>(or
>>to modify one of the existing turnoff opcodes).
>>
>>This is to support a use case which I believe should be pretty common
>>(?).
>>Imagine someone writing a custom scoring language that is being
>>translated
>>into a Csound score and sent to Csound via the API. He/she also has a
>>tool
>>for working with these custom scores where the user can repeatedly
>>audition
>>- start and stop - playback of the score.
>>
>>With the existing turnoff opcodes it is only possible to turn off a
>>single
>>playing note, so every time the user starts and stops playback of the
>>score,
>>all the generated notes stay in the 'playback queue' of Csound, and
>>must be
>>immediately turned off (because they are no longer 'relevant') once
>>they
>>'arrive' to the instrument(s).
>>
>>Imagine a very lange score - perhaps thousands of notes - that it is
>>being
>>auditioned by the user many, many times. This will generate a very
>>large
>>'playback queue' within Csound, which I believe could eventually lead
>>some performance problems. Also, it is a bit awkward having to deal
>>with
>>this issue within all the instrument.
>>
>>So I think there ought to be a way to remove some specific, 'tagged'
>>(maybe
>>via the given 'fraction' of the instrument number) instrument events
>>from
>>the playback queue - perhaps by use of a new turnoff3 opcode.
>>
>>N.B. I am aware that it is possible to stop and start the whole Csound
>>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>>very
>>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>>with
>>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>>the
>>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>>with
>>several score fragments).
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
excellent suggestion - turnoffALL
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
OFFICE: 1126 Boylston St., Suite 201 (EPD), Suite 208 (Boulanger)

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 9:14 AM sjakops <sorenkj@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound code that functionality happens ahahha

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 7:16 PM Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
[...]

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3

take a look at rewindScore in the API.

On 10.05.20 20:14, Syl Morrison wrote:
> [...]

>>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>>very
>>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>>with
>>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>>the
>>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>>with
>>several score fragments).
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
thought about that, tried fast forwarding then rewinding but did not do what I wanted it to, and its quite an inelegant way just to cancel score events imo, dunno other people's thoughts on that

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 7:29 PM Eduardo Moguillansky <eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

>>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>>very
>>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>>with
>>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>>the
>>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>>with
>>several score fragments).
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Or did you mean for usage of the message buffer, in which case thank u!!!

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 7:36 PM Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

>>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>>very
>>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>>with
>>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>>the
>>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>>with
>>several score fragments).
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3

rewindScore will cancel all scheduled events

On 10.05.20 20:39, Syl Morrison wrote:
> [...]

>>the playback queue - perhaps by use of a new turnoff3 opcode.
>>
>>N.B. I am aware that it is possible to stop and start the whole Csound
>>performance - thereby resetting the playback queue - but this takes a
>>very
>>long time on my machine, so is not good for the user workflow. Also,
>>with
>>the suggested new opcode it will be possible to stop just one 'part' of
>>the
>>score (allowing the composer to efficiently and simultaniously work
>>with
>>several score fragments).
>>

>>--
>>Sent from:
>>http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

>>Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
things to do?

On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:

> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound code
> that functionality happens ahahha

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Mioving to developerslist, I think all you require comes from

   /* deactivate all currently playing notes */
   deactivate_all_notes(csound);
   /* flush any pending real time events */
   delete_pending_rt_events(csound);

and maybe something similar for MIDI evenrs

On Sun, 10 May 2020, john wrote:

> Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
> things to do?
>

> On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:
>
>> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound code
>> that functionality happens ahahha

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromSøren Jakobsen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Yay, thank you Syl! May I just add again that it will be perfect if it
can be possible to only remove specifically 'tagged' notes - notes of
a given number/fraction.

On 5/10/20, john  wrote:
> Mioving to developerslist, I think all you require comes from
>
>    /* deactivate all currently playing notes */
>    deactivate_all_notes(csound);
>    /* flush any pending real time events */
>    delete_pending_rt_events(csound);
>
> and maybe something similar for MIDI evenrs
>
> On Sun, 10 May 2020, john wrote:
>
>> Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
>> things to do?
>>

>> On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:
>>
>>> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound
>>> code
>>> that functionality happens ahahha
>>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
I'll give it a go in the next few days (I need it for work as well so win win right??) and if I feel like I can't do it I'll let you know John (don't wanna promise if I can't deliver properly) but definitely game to try it out! Is there a separate developer mailing list? gotta get in on that

On 5/10/20, john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> Mioving to developerslist, I think all you require comes from
>
>    /* deactivate all currently playing notes */
>    deactivate_all_notes(csound);
>    /* flush any pending real time events */
>    delete_pending_rt_events(csound);
>
> and maybe something similar for MIDI evenrs
>
> On Sun, 10 May 2020, john wrote:
>
>> Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
>> things to do?
>>

>> On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:
>>
>>> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound
>>> code
>>> that functionality happens ahahha
>>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Just set up the cmake environment for it, so dumb but where abouts is the source code for rewind score so I can have a read of it, its def in the github but can't for the life of me find it hahahah

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 3:18 PM Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll give it a go in the next few days (I need it for work as well so win win right??) and if I feel like I can't do it I'll let you know John (don't wanna promise if I can't deliver properly) but definitely game to try it out! Is there a separate developer mailing list? gotta get in on that

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Søren Jakobsen <sorenkj@gmail.com> wrote:
Yay, thank you Syl! May I just add again that it will be perfect if it
can be possible to only remove specifically 'tagged' notes - notes of
a given number/fraction.

On 5/10/20, john <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> Mioving to developerslist, I think all you require comes from
>
>    /* deactivate all currently playing notes */
>    deactivate_all_notes(csound);
>    /* flush any pending real time events */
>    delete_pending_rt_events(csound);
>
> and maybe something similar for MIDI evenrs
>
> On Sun, 10 May 2020, john wrote:
>
>> Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
>> things to do?
>>

>> On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:
>>
>>> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound
>>> code
>>> that functionality happens ahahha
>>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Engine/musmon.c is the real source.

Also look at Top/csound.c

Documentation: https://csound.com/docs/api/group___s_c_o_r_e_h_a_n_d_l_i_n_g.html

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM John ff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
Engine/musmon.c is the real source.

Also look at Top/csound.c

On 11 May 2020, at 16:25, Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
Just set up the cmake environment for it, so dumb but where abouts is the source code for rewind score so I can have a read of it, its def in the github but can't for the life of me find it hahahah

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 3:18 PM Syl Morrison < honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll give it a go in the next few days (I need it for work as well so win win right??) and if I feel like I can't do it I'll let you know John (don't wanna promise if I can't deliver properly) but definitely game to try it out! Is there a separate developer mailing list? gotta get in on that

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Søren Jakobsen < sorenkj@gmail.com> wrote:
Yay, thank you Syl! May I just add again that it will be perfect if it
can be possible to only remove specifically 'tagged' notes - notes of
a given number/fraction.

On 5/10/20, john < jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> Mioving to developerslist, I think all you require comes from
>
>    /* deactivate all currently playing notes */
>    deactivate_all_notes(csound);
>    /* flush any pending real time events */
>    delete_pending_rt_events(csound);
>
> and maybe something similar for MIDI evenrs
>
> On Sun, 10 May 2020, john wrote:
>
>> Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
>> things to do?
>>

>> On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:
>>
>>> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound
>>> code
>>> that functionality happens ahahha
>>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
gotcha thanks! So maybe on a basic level I'll take a mode arg, and it looks like delete_pending_rt_events is what we want, at least for my use case, trying to think about how best to do Søren's request for only turning off tagged notes will keep you posted, will I join the dev mailing list for further queries? Don't wanna jam this up with specifics!

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM John ff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
Engine/musmon.c is the real source.

Also look at Top/csound.c

On 11 May 2020, at 16:25, Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
Just set up the cmake environment for it, so dumb but where abouts is the source code for rewind score so I can have a read of it, its def in the github but can't for the life of me find it hahahah

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 3:18 PM Syl Morrison < honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
I'll give it a go in the next few days (I need it for work as well so win win right??) and if I feel like I can't do it I'll let you know John (don't wanna promise if I can't deliver properly) but definitely game to try it out! Is there a separate developer mailing list? gotta get in on that

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 8:55 AM Søren Jakobsen < sorenkj@gmail.com> wrote:
Yay, thank you Syl! May I just add again that it will be perfect if it
can be possible to only remove specifically 'tagged' notes - notes of
a given number/fraction.

On 5/10/20, john < jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
> Mioving to developerslist, I think all you require comes from
>
>    /* deactivate all currently playing notes */
>    deactivate_all_notes(csound);
>    /* flush any pending real time events */
>    delete_pending_rt_events(csound);
>
> and maybe something similar for MIDI evenrs
>
> On Sun, 10 May 2020, john wrote:
>
>> Are you gig to write it or should I ad it to the current (shrt) list of
>> things to do?
>>

>> On Sun, 10 May 2020, Syl Morrison wrote:
>>
>>> Would be up for implementing, just not sure where abouts in the csound
>>> code
>>> that functionality happens ahahha
>>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromSøren Jakobsen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
@Syl - may I ask if it seems this feature will be possible to add?
just curious (and hopeful)..:)
Best regards,
Søren

On 5/11/20, Syl Morrison  wrote:
> gotcha thanks! So maybe on a basic level I'll take a mode arg, and it looks
> like delete_pending_rt_events is what we want, at least for my use case,
> trying to think about how best to do Søren's request for only turning off
> tagged notes will keep you posted, will I join the dev mailing list for
> further queries? Don't wanna jam this up with specifics!
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM John ff  wrote:
>
>> Engine/musmon.c is the real source.
>>
>> Also look at Top/csound.c
>>
>> Get TypeApp for Android
>> On 11 May 2020, at 16:25, Syl Morrison  wrote:
>>>
>>> Just set up the cmake environment for it, so dumb but where abouts is
>>> the
>>> source code for rewind score so I can have a read of it, its def in the
>>> github but can't for the life of me find it hahahah

>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here

>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

FromSyl Morrison
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Oh sorry I forgot it was the dev list where we continued the discussion, I found it was a bit much for my understanding of how to make opcodes as my skillset stands now, but I think John was saying he could take a look at it!!
For my own purposes I've been using the RewindScore api function which cancels all score events and resets the score if that's any use, sorry for not letting you know directly!

On 5/11/20, Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
> gotcha thanks! So maybe on a basic level I'll take a mode arg, and it looks
> like delete_pending_rt_events is what we want, at least for my use case,
> trying to think about how best to do Søren's request for only turning off
> tagged notes will keep you posted, will I join the dev mailing list for
> further queries? Don't wanna jam this up with specifics!
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 4:34 PM John ff <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Engine/musmon.c is the real source.
>>
>> Also look at Top/csound.c
>>
>> Get TypeApp for Android <http://www.typeapp.com/r?b=15857>
>> On 11 May 2020, at 16:25, Syl Morrison <honoonu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just set up the cmake environment for it, so dumb but where abouts is
>>> the
>>> source code for rewind score so I can have a read of it, its def in the
>>> github but can't for the life of me find it hahahah

>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here

>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

FromSøren Jakobsen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Suggestion - new opcode, turnoff3
Ah I see, thanks for the update! hope John will figure it out then..:)