[Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute

Date2019-08-15 22:34
FromTarmo Johannes
Subject[Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
Hi,

I would like to share a small demo track of my self-built plastic cotnrabass flute, played with some gentle live Csound transformaions.

greetings,
tarmo

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
Aug 15 2019, Tarmo Johannes has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/trmjhnns/diy-contrabass-flute-practicing-session
Nice sounding instrument. I wondered: can you play a kind of scale on
it as well? Just out of interest.

It was very relaxing to listen to your piece. I enjoyed the subtle way
in which you used Csound.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

But now I'm stronger than yesterday <3
(Britney Spears)

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
Thanks, Jeanette!

The flute has just two large "finger" holes played with palms and
 one small hole for one finger. It can play all possible microintervals within about a fourth and then overblowing to two first overtones. Thus, not a real scale, you can play very simple songs that have just a few notes but there are quite dense limits. I love the sound, though. I built this flute to play Scelsi's "Maknongan" and that was possible!

tarmo

Kontakt Jeanette C. (<julien@mail.upb.de>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 16. august 2019 kell 01:04:
Aug 15 2019, Tarmo Johannes has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/trmjhnns/diy-contrabass-flute-practicing-session
Nice sounding instrument. I wondered: can you play a kind of scale on
it as well? Just out of interest.

It was very relaxing to listen to your piece. I enjoyed the subtle way
in which you used Csound.

Thanks for sharing and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

But now I'm stronger than yesterday <3
(Britney Spears)

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
very nice idea to build a flute from this material, and super
interesting sounds.
thanks for sharing, we should write pieces for it ...

	joachim

On 15/08/19 23:34, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to share a small demo track of my self-built plastic
> cotnrabass flute, played with some gentle live Csound transformaions.
>
> https://soundcloud.com/trmjhnns/diy-contrabass-flute-practicing-session
>
> greetings,
> tarmo
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
Cool.  Beautiful.  Mysterious.  Love it.  But... what about the extra luggage fee to bring it to ICSC in Caglia?   ;-)    Are you purchasing another airline ticket or planning to spend an extra day at the local hardware/plumbing store in town?  Thanks for sharing.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 25, 2019, at 4:30 AM, joachim heintz  wrote:
>
> very nice idea to build a flute from this material, and super interesting sounds.
> thanks for sharing, we should write pieces for it ...
>
>    joachim
>

>> On 15/08/19 23:34, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to share a small demo track of my self-built plastic
>> cotnrabass flute, played with some gentle live Csound transformaions.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/trmjhnns/diy-contrabass-flute-practicing-session
>>
>> greetings,
>> tarmo
>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>
>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>> can be posted here

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
didn't you read enrico's last email?  it is the job of the keynote
speakers to buy the material in the local plumbing store one day before
the conference, and then putting all together.  that's the reason why we
are six, not three!

looking forward to seeing you in cagli (on september 26!) --

	joachim

On 25/08/19 15:40, Dr. Richard Boulanger wrote:
> Cool.  Beautiful.  Mysterious.  Love it.  But... what about the extra luggage fee to bring it to ICSC in Caglia?   ;-)    Are you purchasing another airline ticket or planning to spend an extra day at the local hardware/plumbing store in town?  Thanks for sharing.
>
> Dr. Richard Boulanger
> Professor
> Electronic Production and Design
> Berklee College of Music
>
>> On Aug 25, 2019, at 4:30 AM, joachim heintz  wrote:
>>
>> very nice idea to build a flute from this material, and super interesting sounds.
>> thanks for sharing, we should write pieces for it ...
>>
>>    joachim
>>

>>> On 15/08/19 23:34, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to share a small demo track of my self-built plastic
>>> cotnrabass flute, played with some gentle live Csound transformaions.
>>>
>>> https://soundcloud.com/trmjhnns/diy-contrabass-flute-practicing-session
>>>
>>> greetings,
>>> tarmo
>>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>>
>>> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
>>> can be posted here
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound + contrabass flute
Looking forward to seeing you in Cagli as well!  And yes, it will take all six of us keynote speakers to carry all these pipes from the Plumbing store back to the hotel for the all-night assembly session!  Will be fun - for sure.  See you soon.

-R
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
OFFICE: 1126 Boylston St., Suite 201 (EPD), Suite 208 (Boulanger)