[Csnd] new csound website

Subject[Csnd] new csound website
hi all -

we have at https://csound.com now the new version of our website ---
check it out!

there are still some empty places which we plan to fill in the coming
months.  but i think the site is already now better than the old one.
feedback and suggestions are welcome; it be here on the list or at
https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io/discussions

the old website, created about a decade ago, was a big step for us all,
and a lot of its work could go into the new design.  but it has not been
updated for many years, and there was some mess in the code base.

so i decided for a complete restart.  the new site is based on bootstrap
5, and i hope the code base is good for further development.  i am not a
web designer / programmer, so if any professional in this field has
suggestions, this is of course welcome.  the code is at
https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io.

	joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
This is great Jaochim. Thanks again for doing this!

On Mon, 1 Apr 2024 at 18:58, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
[...]

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Joachim,

WOW - Awesome!  Incredible work.  Thanks so much.  WOW.

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Mon, Apr 1, 2024 at 12:58 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
hi all -

we have at https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=csound.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9jc291bmQuY29t&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=ZXdZTUNVWFJ2bXFwa05qaWpEQThOVzhrQ1FmUnR2M0VGcmVIVjNyVHN6UT0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A now the new version of our website ---

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQuZ2l0aHViLmlvL2Rpc2N1c3Npb25z&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WnlQelhkK3NsblBZYnNpWWsyOXRpUDlBaE5lZHBYZW13b1pVVlNSa3kyYz0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A

the old website, created about a decade ago, was a big step for us all,
and a lot of its work could go into the new design.  but it has not been
updated for many years, and there was some mess in the code base.

so i decided for a complete restart.  the new site is based on bootstrap
5, and i hope the code base is good for further development.  i am not a
web designer / programmer, so if any professional in this field has
suggestions, this is of course welcome.  the code is at
https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQuZ2l0aHViLmlv&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=Y3BiTkgveUg5STNsVWQwaE90QXY1Z3ArMkhVa3NDRk5jaUhNQUtBU2d6OD0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A.

        joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina

https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A
Send bugs reports to
        https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
PS - the examples section is going to be especially great (using web csound or the interactive floss models)
- that will really inspire

[...]

FromJohann Philippe <000002c2c0737523-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Great work on the website, amazing, thanks !

Speaking about website, would you consider interesting to reshape a bit the styling of the manual to modernize its appearance ?

Best

Johann PHILIPPE

Le mardi 2 avril 2024 à 15:47:33 UTC+2, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> a écrit :

[...]

FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Looks good, very clean and easy to navigate.

It would be good to add a page on using Csound within Pd or Max. Please let me know if you'd like me to write something.
iain

On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 6:49 AM Johann Philippe <000002c2c0737523-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
[...]

FromRichard Knight
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Really nice, clean, not overcomplicated and not heavy on javascript,
like the ideal website in my opinion!
Some of the links from the old site aren't there but easily added of
course. A couple I remember are WinXound (there was some debate on
whether that's relevant - it's mature, but not currently updated - I use
it but it's not the most popular). Also I think Victor added links to my
builds of 6.17 for Windows with XP compatibility - which again might be
debatable as they're not the most current and could just serve to
complicate/confuse the nice straightforward website where 99% people
will be using the frontends and builds on the site right now.

On 2024-04-01 17:58, joachim heintz wrote:
> hi all -
>
> we have at https://csound.com now the new version of our website ---
> check it out!
>
> there are still some empty places which we plan to fill in the coming
> months.  but i think the site is already now better than the old one.
> feedback and suggestions are welcome; it be here on the list or at
> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io/discussions
>
> the old website, created about a decade ago, was a big step for us
> all, and a lot of its work could go into the new design.  but it has
> not been updated for many years, and there was some mess in the code
> base.
>
> so i decided for a complete restart.  the new site is based on
> bootstrap 5, and i hope the code base is good for further development.
>  i am not a web designer / programmer, so if any professional in this
> field has suggestions, this is of course welcome.  the code is at
> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io.
>
> 	joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
thanks, iain --- your contribution is most welcome!

but i think this should not go to the website, but to the floss manual.
we have two chapters there for it, and in particular the one for using
csound in max waits since years for an update:
https://flossmanual.csound.com/csound-in-other-applications/csound-in-maxmsp

you can go ahead and send a pull request to
https://github.com/csound-flossmanual/csound-floss/pulls
or contact me offlist if you want to discuss anything.

cheers -
	joachim

On 02/04/2024 16:18, Iain Duncan wrote:
> [...]
>
>                  joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina
>
>         Csound mailing list
>         Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>         https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A
>         Send bugs reports to
>         https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=18f5f4db93bd4e1eb83aadcea496db9f&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A
>         Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

thanks for the feedback, richard, and sorry that i somehow trashed your
link ...
i am wondering what would be a good way to include it, without confusing
the 99% --- perhaps as  link?  or do you have another suggestion?

On 02/04/2024 16:42, Richard Knight wrote:
> Really nice, clean, not overcomplicated and not heavy on javascript,
> like the ideal website in my opinion!
> Some of the links from the old site aren't there but easily added of
> course. A couple I remember are WinXound (there was some debate on
> whether that's relevant - it's mature, but not currently updated - I use
> it but it's not the most popular). Also I think Victor added links to my
> builds of 6.17 for Windows with XP compatibility - which again might be
> debatable as they're not the most current and could just serve to
> complicate/confuse the nice straightforward website where 99% people
> will be using the frontends and builds on the site right now.
>
> On 2024-04-01 17:58, joachim heintz wrote:
>> hi all -
>>
>> we have at https://csound.com now the new version of our website ---
>> check it out!
>>
>> there are still some empty places which we plan to fill in the coming
>> months.  but i think the site is already now better than the old one.
>> feedback and suggestions are welcome; it be here on the list or at
>> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io/discussions
>>
>> the old website, created about a decade ago, was a big step for us
>> all, and a lot of its work could go into the new design.  but it has
>> not been updated for many years, and there was some mess in the code
>> base.
>>
>> so i decided for a complete restart.  the new site is based on
>> bootstrap 5, and i hope the code base is good for further development.
>>  i am not a web designer / programmer, so if any professional in this
>> field has suggestions, this is of course welcome.  the code is at
>> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io.
>>
>>     joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromIain Duncan
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
that sounds good joachim. I think it would also be good to list it under the csound front ends though on the Getting Started page.

I have a bit of a big deadline in two weeks but will be able to work on this after that and will be in touch.

iain

On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 2:09 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
thanks for the feedback, richard, and sorry that i somehow trashed your
link ...
i am wondering what would be a good way to include it, without confusing
the 99% --- perhaps as <small> link?  or do you have another suggestion?

On 02/04/2024 16:42, Richard Knight wrote:
> Really nice, clean, not overcomplicated and not heavy on javascript,
> like the ideal website in my opinion!
> Some of the links from the old site aren't there but easily added of
> course. A couple I remember are WinXound (there was some debate on
> whether that's relevant - it's mature, but not currently updated - I use
> it but it's not the most popular). Also I think Victor added links to my
> builds of 6.17 for Windows with XP compatibility - which again might be
> debatable as they're not the most current and could just serve to
> complicate/confuse the nice straightforward website where 99% people
> will be using the frontends and builds on the site right now.
>
> On 2024-04-01 17:58, joachim heintz wrote:
>> hi all -
>>
>> we have at https://csound.com now the new version of our website ---
>> check it out!
>>
>> there are still some empty places which we plan to fill in the coming
>> months.  but i think the site is already now better than the old one.
>> feedback and suggestions are welcome; it be here on the list or at
>> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io/discussions
>>
>> the old website, created about a decade ago, was a big step for us
>> all, and a lot of its work could go into the new design.  but it has
>> not been updated for many years, and there was some mess in the code
>> base.
>>
>> so i decided for a complete restart.  the new site is based on
>> bootstrap 5, and i hope the code base is good for further development.
>>  i am not a web designer / programmer, so if any professional in this
>> field has suggestions, this is of course welcome.  the code is at
>> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io.
>>
>>     joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromAnders Genell
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
I agree with Dr B!

My kids have through intense Gorilla Tag play on the Oculus Quest 2 gotten acquainted with the 1962 Daisy Bell / Bicycle Built For Two rendition by Max Mathews and colleagues. I was wondering if there would be a way to have a csound rendition on the website since the original has gone sort of "viral"?
Does anybody in the community perhaps know details about how it was rendered? I suppose the melody parts could have been done with some MUSIC-N version, but the synthesized vocals are likely not part of MUSIC-N...

Also, since there is the excellent Unity wrapper by Rory, is there anything happening on the Unreal front? I believe Steven Yi did something a few years ago? A demonstration of game sound (and music) would be very powerful, I believe...

Regards
Anders

2 apr. 2024 kl. 15:47 skrev Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu>:

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] new csound website
That Daisy Bell was done with Music III accompaniment and vocal synthesis using another Bell Labs software called BLODI (a block diagram compiler, https://archive.org/details/bstj40-3-669 )

On 3 Apr 2024, at 08:47, Anders Genell <anders.genell@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

[...]

great --- looking forward to it!

On 02/04/2024 23:42, Iain Duncan wrote:
> [...]
>      >>
>      >> Csound mailing list
>      >> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>      >> https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>      >> Send bugs reports to
>      >> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>      >> Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>      >
>      > Csound mailing list
>      > Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>      > Send bugs reports to
>      > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>      > Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Hello Anders,

For his Thesis at Berklee, one of my students did a really great speech-singing synthesizer (with FOF and macros) that sings the opening of ‘Daisy‘ and also sings ‘Happy Birthday’ to Max Mathews. We played and gave it to him on his 80th Birthday out at Stanford.  I will share it (and the code) with Joachim so that he can hopefully include it in the examples section.

> [...]

> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=90815c939eec4bd88bdf4d6ee08fd356&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A
> Send bugs reports to
>       https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=90815c939eec4bd88bdf4d6ee08fd356&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A

That sounds absolutely perfect!
Thank you for that - it would also mean I might actually appear knowledgeable and somewhat cool to my kids when showing them that, for which I will be eternally grateful!

Best regards,
Anders

> [...]
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=heanet.ie&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9saXN0c2Vydi5oZWFuZXQuaWUvY2dpLWJpbi93YT9BMD1DU09VTkQ=&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=WVZMRlI4dlFUVUZ6V2NTOUU5eE9lZnFIemtoc2hxYlBDMFFCWmtKZzhzRT0=&h=90815c939eec4bd88bdf4d6ee08fd356&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A
>> Send bugs reports to
>>      https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com?d=github.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9naXRodWIuY29tL2Nzb3VuZC9jc291bmQvaXNzdWVz&i=NWYxNzBkMDNiNTVmZGEwZmIyNjczYmRm&t=YlNrQ2lLclRLZUpGUE1iR0FyY2M1eW1NTUU5SUozWlJwMTNZU2NXT1BLOD0=&h=90815c939eec4bd88bdf4d6ee08fd356&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVYpmKWVU1jKuTPLD5gnaWwAaG5wwcHTpfjKIfFGmt9h9A

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Great site update. Thank you so much!

man. 1. apr. 2024 kl. 18:58 skrev joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de>:
[...]

No problem, yes I think a smaller link could be good.. if it's worth
keeping in there at all I suppose. Or maybe some kind of different
page/section for links that aren't the mainstream builds and frontends
(could then feature other links to things like Csound helpers/tools etc,
but then it does increase the maintenance burden of the site ie checking
links are still alive and such, and maybe the site should just be simple
and minimal with the tools/downloads it offers particularly with it
being the first point that new users will come etc)

On 2024-04-02 22:09, joachim heintz wrote:
> thanks for the feedback, richard, and sorry that i somehow trashed your
> link ...
> i am wondering what would be a good way to include it, without
> confusing the 99% --- perhaps as  link?  or do you have another
> suggestion?
>

> On 02/04/2024 16:42, Richard Knight wrote:
>> Really nice, clean, not overcomplicated and not heavy on javascript,
>> like the ideal website in my opinion!
>> Some of the links from the old site aren't there but easily added of
>> course. A couple I remember are WinXound (there was some debate on
>> whether that's relevant - it's mature, but not currently updated - I
>> use it but it's not the most popular). Also I think Victor added links
>> to my builds of 6.17 for Windows with XP compatibility - which again
>> might be debatable as they're not the most current and could just
>> serve to complicate/confuse the nice straightforward website where 99%
>> people will be using the frontends and builds on the site right now.
>>
>> On 2024-04-01 17:58, joachim heintz wrote:
>>> hi all -
>>>
>>> we have at https://csound.com now the new version of our website ---
>>> check it out!
>>>
>>> there are still some empty places which we plan to fill in the coming
>>> months.  but i think the site is already now better than the old one.
>>> feedback and suggestions are welcome; it be here on the list or at
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io/discussions
>>>
>>> the old website, created about a decade ago, was a big step for us
>>> all, and a lot of its work could go into the new design.  but it has
>>> not been updated for many years, and there was some mess in the code
>>> base.
>>>
>>> so i decided for a complete restart.  the new site is based on
>>> bootstrap 5, and i hope the code base is good for further
>>> development.
>>>  i am not a web designer / programmer, so if any professional in this
>>> field has suggestions, this is of course welcome.  the code is at
>>> https://github.com/csound/csound.github.io.
>>>
>>>     joachim with parham, sahar, daria, santiago, yanina
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromST Music
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Looks awesome, Joaquim! Thanks for all the work you've put into the site & the FLOSS manual. It really is appreciated.

And thanks to all the devs prepping for CS7 - there are some really nice changes/additions coming from what I've seen so far.

Best,
Scott

On Mon, Apr 1, 2024, 12:58 p.m. joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
[...]

yes i now think that we should have a section on the page about "Other
Downloads" where we can put your version, amongst others.
could you kindly tell the link again?
cheers -
	joachim

On 05/04/2024 03:19, Richard Knight wrote:
> No problem, yes I think a smaller link could be good.. if it's worth
> keeping in there at all I suppose. Or maybe some kind of different
> page/section for links that aren't the mainstream builds and frontends
> (could then feature other links to things like Csound helpers/tools etc,
> but then it does increase the maintenance burden of the site ie checking
> links are still alive and such, and maybe the site should just be simple
> and minimal with the tools/downloads it offers particularly with it
> being the first point that new users will come etc)
>
> On 2024-04-02 22:09, joachim heintz wrote:
>> thanks for the feedback, richard, and sorry that i somehow trashed
>> your link ...
>> i am wondering what would be a good way to include it, without
>> confusing the 99% --- perhaps as  link?  or do you have another
>> suggestion?
>>

>> On 02/04/2024 16:42, Richard Knight wrote:
>>> Really nice, clean, not overcomplicated and not heavy on javascript,
>>> like the ideal website in my opinion!
>>> Some of the links from the old site aren't there but easily added of
>>> course. A couple I remember are WinXound (there was some debate on
>>> whether that's relevant - it's mature, but not currently updated - I
>>> use it but it's not the most popular). Also I think Victor added
>>> links to my builds of 6.17 for Windows with XP compatibility - which
>>> again might be debatable as they're not the most current and could
>>> just serve to complicate/confuse the nice straightforward website
>>> where 99% people will be using the frontends and builds on the site
>>> right now.

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromRichard Knight
SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
Sounds good!
There are a few links, both versions with some code alterations/tweaks
made to enable them to run under Windows XP and above (there are some
notes on http://csound.1bpm.net/builds/ detailing what had to be
changed, and other details, also some other builds including Cabbage
2.7.0 for XP there, if of any use)

6.17 beta (commit d606868)
32bit :
http://csound.1bpm.net/builds/csound-windows_x86_32-XPCompat-6.17_d606868-binaries.zip
64bit :
http://csound.1bpm.net/builds/csound-windows_x86_64-XPCompat-6.17_d606868-binaries.zip

6.16.1
64bit :
http://csound.1bpm.net/builds/csound-windows_x86_64-XPCompat-6.16.1-binaries.zip
32bit :
http://csound.1bpm.net/builds/csound-windows_x86_32-XPCompat-6.16.1-binaries.zip

thanks!

On 2024-04-06 20:31, joachim heintz wrote:
> yes i now think that we should have a section on the page about "Other
> Downloads" where we can put your version, amongst others.
> could you kindly tell the link again?
> cheers -
> 	joachim

SubjectRe: [Csnd] new csound website
thanks --- it is online now.

i created a list of "Other" builds etc at the bottom.  here we can add
any additional link.

if there are suggestions from anyone, please let me know.