[Csnd] pycsound

Date2024-03-31 20:04
FromStefan Thomas
Subject[Csnd] pycsound
Dear community,
I've recently found pycsound (https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/#history). Unfortenately I've found very few informations about this package.
Does someone know where to get more information about this package?

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] pycsound
same site, "project description"? What information in particular?

?

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 12:04 PM Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear community,
I've recently found pycsound (https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/#history). Unfortenately I've found very few informations about this package.
Does someone know where to get more information about this package?

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] pycsound
I would expect some more information about how to use this package.

" mnlpql@gmail.com "? (from "author" on that page) ?

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 12:49 PM Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com> wrote:
I would expect some more information about how to use this package.

Am So., 31. März 2024 um 21:19 Uhr schrieb Forrest Curo <treegestalt@gmail.com>:
same site, "project description"? What information in particular?

?

On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 12:04 PM Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear community,
I've recently found pycsound (https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/#history). Unfortenately I've found very few informations about this package.
Does someone know where to get more information about this package?

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] pycsound
By the looks of it, it’s just a wrapper of the Csound API. We have ctcsound.py, which is complete and well documented.

> On 31 Mar 2024, at 20:49, Stefan Thomas  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> I would expect some more information about how to use this package.
>
> Am So., 31. März 2024 um 21:19 Uhr schrieb Forrest Curo :
> same site, "project description"? What information in particular?
>
> https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/
>
> ?
>

> On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 12:04 PM Stefan Thomas  wrote:
> Dear community,
> I've recently found pycsound (https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/#history). Unfortenately I've found very few informations about this package.
> Does someone know where to get more information about this package?
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] pycsound
as far as i understand the code, it is not even the API but command line
csound.
certainly useful for the cases which are sketched in the readme, but not
comparable with ctcsound or eduardo's "csoundengine".

	joachim

On 01/04/2024 13:05, Victor Lazzarini wrote:
> By the looks of it, it’s just a wrapper of the Csound API. We have ctcsound.py, which is complete and well documented.
> ========================
>
>> On 31 Mar 2024, at 20:49, Stefan Thomas  wrote:
>>
>> *Warning*
>> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>> I would expect some more information about how to use this package.
>>
>> Am So., 31. März 2024 um 21:19 Uhr schrieb Forrest Curo :
>> same site, "project description"? What information in particular?
>>
>> https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/
>>
>> ?
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 31, 2024 at 12:04 PM Stefan Thomas  wrote:
>> Dear community,
>> I've recently found pycsound (https://pypi.org/project/PyCsound/#history). Unfortenately I've found very few informations about this package.
>> Does someone know where to get more information about this package?
>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] pycsound
The best way to use Csound from Python is, without doubt, ctcsound. I say this as the author of the previous Python binding for Csound, which was generated using SWIG.

If for some reason ctcsound does not suit your needs, consider either subclassing it, or creating another binding using Python's ctypes, which is what ctcsound uses.

Regards,