[Csnd] Save an ftable to audiofile with samplerate control

Date2024-02-22 18:49
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] Save an ftable to audiofile with samplerate control
Hey hey,
I would like to save an ftable to an audiofile. ftaudio is almost perfect. But
none of the opcodes that I can find allow you to specify the samplerate of the
resulting output file. I'm not looking for resampling, just a different
header. So if the ftable in question has 32768 samples then that amount of
samples should be written, only the file header should specify a different
samplerate.

This is part of a UDO, so I won't have control, in advance, of the orchestra
sample rate and even so, for good reasons the audio output might differ from
the desired format here.

Thanks and best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

But now I'm stronger than yesterday <3
(Britney Spears)

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Save an ftable to audiofile with samplerate control
hmm -
i don't think there is any possibility in csound to write an audio file
in a different sample rate than the one in the header of the csd file.
it be fout, or the -o myfile.wav option.
i don't know why it is important for you to have a particular sample
rate in this saved table, but the only option which comes in my mind is
to start another csound process (with the system opcode) which does it.
but this looks awkward.
perhaps i overlooked a possibility, curious to know how you can solve it -
	joachim

On 22/02/2024 19:49, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I would like to save an ftable to an audiofile. ftaudio is almost
> perfect. But none of the opcodes that I can find allow you to specify
> the samplerate of the resulting output file. I'm not looking for
> resampling, just a different header. So if the ftable in question has
> 32768 samples then that amount of samples should be written, only the
> file header should specify a different samplerate.
>
> This is part of a UDO, so I won't have control, in advance, of the
> orchestra sample rate and even so, for good reasons the audio output
> might differ from the desired format here.

> Thanks and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Save an ftable to audiofile with samplerate control
Hi Joachim,
thanks for your reply, albeit a confirmation of my suspicion.

The sample rate is necessary since the saved file is used as a data format to
be loaded/imported by external hardware/software and some of the moduels in
question come with strict limits, being low in CPU and memory, thus having a
simple firmware. I will have to ponder that. an external Csound process might
be the only viable solution, as long as I want to keep it purely Csound.

Best wishes  and thanks again,

Jeanette

Feb 22 2024, joachim heintz has written: