[Csnd] Midi timing

Date2023-10-23 11:09
Fromtjingboem
Subject[Csnd] Midi timing
I'm exploring the Jacko opcodes, and on their manual pages i read:  The granularity of timing is Csound's kperiod.

Isn't this the case for all Csound Midi opcodes? So, in fact, it does not really matter which Midi driver or opcode you choose, the timing will always be at k-rate?

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Midi timing
I was under the impression that the sample-accurate command-line option might also impact the granularity of the resolution.
- for sure clarification and advice would be helpful

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division

On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 6:10 AM tjingboem <magknevel@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm exploring the Jacko opcodes, and on their manual pages i read:  The granularity of timing is Csound's kperiod.

Isn't this the case for all Csound Midi opcodes? So, in fact, it does not really matter which Midi driver or opcode you choose, the timing will always be at k-rate?

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Midi timing
The jacko opcodes bypass Csound processing and do it differently so I don’t know if it is the same. Mike wrote them and may be able to answer.