[Csnd] triglinseg error, I think

Date2023-10-20 16:55
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
Hey hey,
I noticed some odd behaviour with triglinseg. I used it in one instr. If I
call the instr again, the resulting envelope doesn't seem right. Here's the
relevant code snippet, a demo file is linked below:
aEnv = triglinseg:a(kTrig, .5, .02, 0)
Full code:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/othcp2vrqa7lcfe666gob/jbs-triglinseg.csd?rlkey=7f8oi6u8qhbtagc7dg0x1t4x7

It only happens once the instrument is called again. Is that a bug or am I
missing something?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

We still move to a rhythm just like this
We still dream of sharing our first kiss <3
(Britney Spears)

SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
yes looks odd for me, too.
i thought it might be an issue in re-using the same instance, but i
don't think it is the reason.
perhaps you file an issue?

On 20/10/2023 17:55, Jeanette C. wrote:
> Hey hey,
> I noticed some odd behaviour with triglinseg. I used it in one instr. If
> I call the instr again, the resulting envelope doesn't seem right.
> Here's the relevant code snippet, a demo file is linked below:
> aEnv = triglinseg:a(kTrig, .5, .02, 0)
> Full code:
> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/othcp2vrqa7lcfe666gob/jbs-triglinseg.csd?rlkey=7f8oi6u8qhbtagc7dg0x1t4x7
>
> It only happens once the instrument is called again. Is that a bug or am
> I missing something?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Jeanette

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
Hi again,
I shall do so, when I get the desktop out and log in to github.

For the time being I have used lagud to create the simple envelope, which
works very well.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Oct 21 2023, joachim heintz has written:

> yes looks odd for me, too.
> i thought it might be an issue in re-using the same instance, but i don't
> think it is the reason.
> perhaps you file an issue?
>

> On 20/10/2023 17:55, Jeanette C. wrote:
>>  Hey hey,
>>  I noticed some odd behaviour with triglinseg. I used it in one instr. If I
>>  call the instr again, the resulting envelope doesn't seem right. Here's
>>  the relevant code snippet, a demo file is linked below:
>>  aEnv = triglinseg:a(kTrig, .5, .02, 0)
>>  Full code:
>>  https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/othcp2vrqa7lcfe666gob/jbs-triglinseg.csd?rlkey=7f8oi6u8qhbtagc7dg0x1t4x7
>>
>>  It only happens once the instrument is called again. Is that a bug or am I
>>  missing something?
>>
>>  Best wishes,
>>
>>  Jeanette

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You know I'm one of a kind,
There'll never be another me <3
(Britney Spears)

Fromluis antunes pena
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
Hello,
where do I find some information about the triglinseg and lagud? Are they csound7 opcodes?
Best,
Luís

On 21.10.23 22:32, Jeanette C. wrote:
[...]

FromST Music
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
Hi Luis, yes they are both Csound opcodes. You can find them here:

If you scroll down a bit, all the opcodes are listed in alphabetical order.

Best,
Scott

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023, 2:31 a.m. luis antunes pena <antunespena@web.de> wrote:
[...]

P.S. they should work as of Csound 6.17 or 6.18.

On Sun, Oct 22, 2023, 2:41 a.m. ST Music <stunes6556@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Hi Scott,

thank you. It looks like I was looking at the wrong manual. This works:
https://csound.com/docs/manual/triglinseg.html

but this doesn't:
http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/triglinseg.html

Best,
Luís

On 22.10.23 08:41, ST Music wrote:
[...]

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
There was a fix to these opcodes a while back, I'm not sure it came before the last release. Are you guys building from source?

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 at 09:41, luis antunes pena <antunespena@web.de> wrote:
[...]

I'll take a look, it seems to be in the most recent version..

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 at 13:41, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
[...]

FromGiovanni Bedetti
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
I guess it's just that the second manual page link is not working: it points to csounds.com, and that is probably not updated with the latest release

Il giorno dom 22 ott 2023 alle ore 13:44 Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> ha scritto:
[...]

Many thanks Rory! -- I do run a release version. The package as it is in the
ArchLinux repos.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
I pushed a fix, and your sample csd is now working fine for me. Thanks for reporting this :)

On Sun, 22 Oct 2023 at 17:39, Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de> wrote:
Many thanks Rory! -- I do run a release version. The package as it is in the
ArchLinux repos.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] triglinseg error, I think
Hi Rory,
many thanks for the super quick fix and the swift replies!

Best wishes,

Jeanette

Oct 22 2023, Rory Walsh has written: