[Csnd] Announcing Kilele - first music tech symposium in East Africa - Feb 12th - 18th 2024

Date2023-10-04 17:05
FromBernt Isak Wærstad
Subject[Csnd] Announcing Kilele - first music tech symposium in East Africa - Feb 12th - 18th 2024
AttachmentsKilele Summit - Press Release Oct4.pdf
[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear all,

I'm very excited to announce that Alex Hofmann and myself have teamed up with Santuri East Africa to host Kilele - the very first symposium on music technology and innovation in East Africa!

To be held in Nairobi, Kenya, and spanning a 7-day schedule of workshops, concerts, live performances, networking and presentations, we'll bring together the region’s most forward thinking creatives and collectives with global music tech companies, platforms and thought leaders.

Running from February 12th to 18th 2024, this event is the culmination of over a decade of accelerated creative endeavor in the electronic music space of East Africa, and dials in on the role of technology in music innovation, education, and creativity. Kilele will connect artists, DJs, curators, collectives, and venues with key players in the global music space to celebrate the journey so far, and define the path forward.

All the information (for now) is in the press release attached. We hope you want to join us in Nairobi in February next year!

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions, comments, ideas, or proposals at kilele@santuri.org

--
best,

Bernt Isak Wærstad

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Announcing Kilele - first music tech symposium in East Africa - Feb 12th - 18th 2024
super cool.
congrats and good success!!
	joachim

On 04/10/2023 18:05, Bernt Isak Wærstad wrote:
> [Apologies for cross-posting]
>
> Dear all,
>
> I'm very excited to announce that Alex Hofmann and myself have teamed up
> with Santuri East Africa to host Kilele
>  - the very first symposium on music
> technology and innovation in East Africa!
>
> To be held in Nairobi, Kenya, and spanning a 7-day schedule of
> workshops, concerts, live performances, networking and presentations,
> we'll bring together the region’s most forward thinking creatives and
> collectives with global music tech companies, platforms and thought
> leaders.
>
> Running from February 12th to 18th 2024, this event is the culmination
> of over a decade of accelerated creative endeavor in the electronic
> music space of East Africa, and dials in on the role of technology in
> music innovation, education, and creativity. Kilele will connect
> artists, DJs, curators, collectives, and venues with key players in the
> global music space to celebrate the journey so far, and define the path
> forward.
>
> All the information (for now) is in the* press release attached*. We
> hope you want to join us in Nairobi in February next year!
>
> Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions, comments, ideas,
> or proposals at kilele@santuri.org
>
> --
> best,
>
> Bernt Isak Wærstad

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Announcing Kilele - first music tech symposium in East Africa - Feb 12th - 18th 2024
(and i guess you will prepare with this conference the csound conference
2026 in nairobi ...=)

On 04/10/2023 18:17, joachim heintz wrote:
> super cool.
> congrats and good success!!
>      joachim
>

> On 04/10/2023 18:05, Bernt Isak Wærstad wrote:
>> [Apologies for cross-posting]
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm very excited to announce that Alex Hofmann and myself have teamed
>> up with Santuri East Africa to host Kilele
>>  - the very first symposium on
>> music technology and innovation in East Africa!
>>
>> To be held in Nairobi, Kenya, and spanning a 7-day schedule of
>> workshops, concerts, live performances, networking and presentations,
>> we'll bring together the region’s most forward thinking creatives and
>> collectives with global music tech companies, platforms and thought
>> leaders.
>>
>> Running from February 12th to 18th 2024, this event is the culmination
>> of over a decade of accelerated creative endeavor in the electronic
>> music space of East Africa, and dials in on the role of technology in
>> music innovation, education, and creativity. Kilele will connect
>> artists, DJs, curators, collectives, and venues with key players in
>> the global music space to celebrate the journey so far, and define the
>> path forward.
>>
>> All the information (for now) is in the* press release attached*. We
>> hope you want to join us in Nairobi in February next year!
>>
>> Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions, comments, ideas,
>> or proposals at kilele@santuri.org
>>
>> --
>> best,
>>
>> Bernt Isak Wærstad

>>  Send bugs reports to
>> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>  Discussions of bugs and
>> features can be posted here

>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromBernt Isak Wærstad
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Announcing Kilele - first music tech symposium in East Africa - Feb 12th - 18th 2024
Depends on how many Csounders will come to Nairobi in 2024 to show off all the amazing features of Csound! :D

On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 6:23 PM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
(and i guess you will prepare with this conference the csound conference
2026 in nairobi ...=)

On 04/10/2023 18:17, joachim heintz wrote:
> super cool.
> congrats and good success!!
>      joachim
>

> On 04/10/2023 18:05, Bernt Isak Wærstad wrote:
>> [Apologies for cross-posting]
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I'm very excited to announce that Alex Hofmann and myself have teamed
>> up with Santuri East Africa to host Kilele
>> <https://santuri.org/kilele-summit> - the very first symposium on
>> music technology and innovation in East Africa!
>>
>> To be held in Nairobi, Kenya, and spanning a 7-day schedule of
>> workshops, concerts, live performances, networking and presentations,
>> we'll bring together the region’s most forward thinking creatives and
>> collectives with global music tech companies, platforms and thought
>> leaders.
>>
>> Running from February 12th to 18th 2024, this event is the culmination
>> of over a decade of accelerated creative endeavor in the electronic
>> music space of East Africa, and dials in on the role of technology in
>> music innovation, education, and creativity. Kilele will connect
>> artists, DJs, curators, collectives, and venues with key players in
>> the global music space to celebrate the journey so far, and define the
>> path forward.
>>
>> All the information (for now) is in the* press release attached*. We
>> hope you want to join us in Nairobi in February next year!
>>
>> Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions, comments, ideas,
>> or proposals at kilele@santuri.org <mailto:kilele@santuri.org>
>>
>> --
>> best,
>>
>> Bernt Isak Wærstad