[Csnd] Hilbert Reference

Date2023-09-21 10:05
FromMaximilian Marcoll
Subject[Csnd] Hilbert Reference
Hi everyone,

I am a little confused by the documentation and examples of the hilbert opcode:

The doc states:

"ar1, ar2 hilbert asig
ar1 -- sine output of asig
ar2 -- cosine output of asig"

But one paragraph later:
"ar1 corresponds to the cosine output of hilbert, while ar2 corresponds to the sine output. “

Then later in the first example:

; aupshift corresponds to the sum frequencies.
  aupshift = (amod1 - amod2) * 0.7

 ; adownshift corresponds to the difference frequencies.
  adownshift = (amod1 + amod2) * 0.7

In the second example it is the other way around:

 aupshift = (amod1 + amod2) * 0.7
 adownshift = (amod1 - amod2) * 0.7

Cheers

Max

________________________________

Prof. Maximilian Marcoll
Studio Director
Studio for Electroacoustic Music (SEAM)
University of Music Franz Liszt Weimar
Bauhaus University Weimar

Date2023-09-21 11:12
FromST Music
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Hilbert Reference
Hi Max,

based on the fact that this:

instr 1
  asig oscil .8, 220, 1
  ar1, ar2 hilbert asig
  outs ar1, ar2
endin

</CsInstruments>
<CsScore>
f 1 0 16384 10 1

i 1 0  4

shows that ar1 is 90° (.25) out of phase with ar2, it would appear:

ar1 -- cosine output of asig

ar2 -- sine output of asig

is correct.

Best,
Scott

On Thu, Sept 21, 2023, 5:05 a.m. Maximilian Marcoll <maximilian.marcoll@hfm-weimar.de> wrote:
[...]

sounds like an issue or a pull request on
https://github.com/csound/manual would be great ...