[Csnd] vClick 3.0.0

Date2023-08-28 11:07
FromTarmo Johannes
Subject[Csnd] vClick 3.0.0
Hi!

I am happy to share -  perhaps turns useful for someone - after several years of slow development I have released again a public release of vClick -  a wire-free  visual click-track system. It can be useful in first place for contemporary music players/ensembles, but can be used also in other situations.

vClick Server uses Csound as its engine, and the vClick scores are in Csound format. It is built on Qt framework.

The software consists of two programs -  vClick Server and vClick Client. The server sends out synchronized messages (time, bars/beats) over wifi to the performers’ apps (vClick Client) that blink, show the numbers, messages and help to keep the performance on track.

It can:

- send time (minutes and seconds), as a synchronized ensemble clock- play sound files synchronized with the time (useful for fixed media performances)- send bar/beat info + notifications according a predefined score,  it can be as complex as needed, with tempo changes and fermatas- send different info to different players (in case of different polyrhythms, meters etc) - start and play sound clips at given moment

In version 3 it is possible to run several servers in parallel, also over internet (even for pieces for players geographically apart, if it is ever needed) and there are more hidden possibilities -  so all kind of otherwise impossible situations can be supported.

The software is open source, cross platform and free. We have used it successfully over years with ensemble U: (www.uuu.ee), but please note that according to its GPL license, vClick comes with absolutely no warranty.

Demo on youtube: https://youtu.be/5Xw0KSh3TMQ
Source code: https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick

Best greetings,
Tarmo

SubjectRe: [Csnd] vClick 3.0.0
great tarmo --- thanks for sharing!!
	joachim

On 28/08/2023 12:07, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am happy to share -  perhaps turns useful for someone - after several
> years of slow development I have released again a public release of
> vClick -  a wire-free  visual click-track system. It can be useful in
> first place for contemporary music players/ensembles, but can be used
> also in other situations.
>
> vClick Server uses Csound as its engine, and the vClick scores are in
> Csound format. It is built on Qt framework.
>
> The software consists of two programs -  vClick Server and vClick
> Client. The server sends out synchronized messages (time, bars/beats)
> over wifi to the performers’ apps (vClick Client) that blink, show the
> numbers, messages and help to keep the performance on track.
>
> It can:
>
> - send time (minutes and seconds), as a synchronized ensemble clock-
> play sound files synchronized with the time (useful for fixed media
> performances)- send bar/beat info + notifications according a predefined
> score,  it can be as complex as needed, with tempo changes and fermatas-
> send different info to different players (in case of different
> polyrhythms, meters etc) - start and play sound clips at given moment
>
> In version 3 it is possible to run several servers in parallel, also
> over internet (even for pieces for players geographically apart, if it
> is ever needed) and there are more hidden possibilities -  so all kind
> of otherwise impossible situations can be supported.
>
> The software is open source, cross platform and free. We have used it
> successfully over years with ensemble U: (www.uuu.ee
> ), but please note that according to its GPL license,
> vClick comes with absolutely no warranty.
>
> Demo on youtube: https://youtu.be/5Xw0KSh3TMQ
>
> Home page: https://tarmoj.github.io/vclick/
>
> Downloads: https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick/releases/tag/v3.0.0
>
> Source code: https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick
>

> Best greetings,
> Tarmo
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] vClick 3.0.0
+1 this is great, thank you for sharing!

On Mon, Aug 28, 2023 at 10:04 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
great tarmo --- thanks for sharing!!
        joachim

On 28/08/2023 12:07, Tarmo Johannes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am happy to share -  perhaps turns useful for someone - after several
> years of slow development I have released again a public release of
> vClick -  a wire-free  visual click-track system. It can be useful in
> first place for contemporary music players/ensembles, but can be used
> also in other situations.
>
> vClick Server uses Csound as its engine, and the vClick scores are in
> Csound format. It is built on Qt framework.
>
> The software consists of two programs -  vClick Server and vClick
> Client. The server sends out synchronized messages (time, bars/beats)
> over wifi to the performers’ apps (vClick Client) that blink, show the
> numbers, messages and help to keep the performance on track.
>
> It can:
>
> - send time (minutes and seconds), as a synchronized ensemble clock-
> play sound files synchronized with the time (useful for fixed media
> performances)- send bar/beat info + notifications according a predefined
> score,  it can be as complex as needed, with tempo changes and fermatas-
> send different info to different players (in case of different
> polyrhythms, meters etc) - start and play sound clips at given moment
>
> In version 3 it is possible to run several servers in parallel, also
> over internet (even for pieces for players geographically apart, if it
> is ever needed) and there are more hidden possibilities -  so all kind
> of otherwise impossible situations can be supported.
>
> The software is open source, cross platform and free. We have used it
> successfully over years with ensemble U: (www.uuu.ee
> <http://www.uuu.ee>), but please note that according to its GPL license,
> vClick comes with absolutely no warranty.
>
> Demo on youtube: https://youtu.be/5Xw0KSh3TMQ
> <https://youtu.be/5Xw0KSh3TMQ>
> Home page: https://tarmoj.github.io/vclick/
> <https://tarmoj.github.io/vclick/>
> Downloads: https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick/releases/tag/v3.0.0
> <https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick/releases/tag/v3.0.0>
> Source code: https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick
> <https://github.com/tarmoj/vclick>
>
> Best greetings,
> Tarmo
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
> <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
> <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] vClick 3.0.0
Thank you so much Tarmo.  It's awesome and will be so very useful

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music