[Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu

Date2023-08-11 15:50
FromStefan Thomas
Subject[Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
Dear community,
I've builded and installed csound via git.
Before reinstalling I would like to know how I could completely uninstall and remove csound.
Thanks for your help,
Stefan

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
hi!

sudo make unsintall

in the build directory
       and
make clean

          if you want to rebuild.

tarmo

Kontakt Stefan Thomas (<kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 11. august 2023 kell 17:50:
Dear community,
I've builded and installed csound via git.
Before reinstalling I would like to know how I could completely uninstall and remove csound.
Thanks for your help,
Stefan

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
Dear Tarmo,
I have no subdirectory named build in ~/git/csound/
Could be ~/git/csound/ be the right one?

Am Fr., 11. Aug. 2023 um 23:01 Uhr schrieb Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com>:
hi!

sudo make unsintall

in the build directory
       and
make clean

          if you want to rebuild.

tarmo

Kontakt Stefan Thomas (<kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 11. august 2023 kell 17:50:
Dear community,
I've builded and installed csound via git.
Before reinstalling I would like to know how I could completely uninstall and remove csound.
Thanks for your help,
Stefan

SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
when you installed a package, you can use the command:
sudo apt remove .

you can search for these things easily in the net; i found this which
gives a better answer:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/151941/how-can-you-completely-remove-a-package

best -
	joachim

On 12/08/2023 17:21, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear Tarmo,
> I have no subdirectory named build in ~/git/csound/
> Could be ~/git/csound/ be the right one?
>
> Am Fr., 11. Aug. 2023 um 23:01 Uhr schrieb Tarmo Johannes
> >:
>
>     hi!
>
>     sudo make unsintall
>
>     in the build directory
>             and
>     make clean
>

>                if you want to rebuild.
>
>     tarmo
>
>     Kontakt Stefan Thomas (     >) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 11.
>     august 2023 kell 17:50:
>
>         Dear community,
>         I've builded and installed csound via git.
>         Before reinstalling I would like to know how I could completely
>         uninstall and remove csound.
>         Thanks for your help,
>         Stefan
>         Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>
>         https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>          Send bugs
>         reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          Discussions of bugs
>         and features can be posted here

>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>      Send bugs reports
>     to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>      Discussions of bugs and
>     features can be posted here

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
Dear Joachim,
unfortunately your suggestion does not work in my case. The reason is probably that I did not install the software with apt, I've done it via git.

Am Sa., 12. Aug. 2023 um 19:52 Uhr schrieb joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de>:
when you installed a package, you can use the command:
sudo apt remove <package name>.

you can search for these things easily in the net; i found this which
gives a better answer:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/151941/how-can-you-completely-remove-a-package

best -
        joachim

On 12/08/2023 17:21, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear Tarmo,
> I have no subdirectory named build in ~/git/csound/
> Could be ~/git/csound/ be the right one?
>
> Am Fr., 11. Aug. 2023 um 23:01 Uhr schrieb Tarmo Johannes
> <trmjhnns@gmail.com <mailto:trmjhnns@gmail.com>>:
>
>     hi!
>
>     sudo make unsintall
>
>     in the build directory
>             and
>     make clean
>

>                if you want to rebuild.
>
>     tarmo
>
>     Kontakt Stefan Thomas (<kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com
>     <mailto:kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com>>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 11.
>     august 2023 kell 17:50:
>
>         Dear community,
>         I've builded and installed csound via git.
>         Before reinstalling I would like to know how I could completely
>         uninstall and remove csound.
>         Thanks for your help,
>         Stefan
>         Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>         <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>         https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>         <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs
>         reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>         <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs
>         and features can be posted here

>     <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports
>     to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
>     features can be posted here

> <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
> <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
Hi!

Yes, it can be the source directory, depends how you built it.  Look for file Makefile and run

 sudo make unistall

there.

Tarmo

L, 12. august 2023 18:22 Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com> kirjutas:
Dear Tarmo,
I have no subdirectory named build in ~/git/csound/
Could be ~/git/csound/ be the right one?

Am Fr., 11. Aug. 2023 um 23:01 Uhr schrieb Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com>:
hi!

sudo make unsintall

in the build directory
       and
make clean

          if you want to rebuild.

tarmo

Kontakt Stefan Thomas (<kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 11. august 2023 kell 17:50:
Dear community,
I've builded and installed csound via git.
Before reinstalling I would like to know how I could completely uninstall and remove csound.
Thanks for your help,
Stefan

SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
ah ok --- i thought it was a package.
then it is what tarmo mentioned.

On 13/08/2023 11:45, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> [...]
>      >     Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>
>      >          >
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>      >          > Send bugs reports
>      >     to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>      >          > Discussions of bugs and
>      >     features can be posted here
>      >
>      > Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>
>      >      >
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>      >      > Send bugs reports to
>      > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>      >      > Discussions of bugs and
>      > features can be posted here
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] how to uninstall on ubuntu
Dear Tarmo,
thanks for Your help. It worked, I've successfully uninstalled the software.