[Csnd] problem with installing

Date2023-08-04 17:41
FromStefan Thomas
Subject[Csnd] problem with installing
Dear community,
I've problems with installing csound on ubuntu22.04
After
sudo apt-get build-dep csound
I've got:
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

builddeps:csound : Depends: ttf-dejavu but it is not installable
What can be done?
Thanks for Your help,
Stefan

SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installing
this is a strange error message but it means you have to install the
"dejavu" font (ttf = true type font).

i guess you can install it with a tool in ubuntu; perhaps it is also on
fonts.google.com.

best -
	joachim

On 04/08/2023 18:41, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear community,
> I've problems with installing csound on ubuntu22.04
> After
>
>     sudo apt-get build-dep csound
>
> I've got:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> builddeps:csound : Depends: ttf-dejavu but it is not installable
> What can be done?
> Thanks for Your help,
> Stefan

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installing
AttachmentsBildschirmfoto_2023-08-04_19-21-02.png
Dear Joachim,
thanks for Your reply.
I think I already have the font installed, at least if I can trust the attached screenshot from font-manager.

Am Fr., 4. Aug. 2023 um 18:55 Uhr schrieb joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de>:
this is a strange error message but it means you have to install the
"dejavu" font (ttf = true type font).

i guess you can install it with a tool in ubuntu; perhaps it is also on
fonts.google.com.

best -
        joachim

On 04/08/2023 18:41, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear community,
> I've problems with installing csound on ubuntu22.04
> After
>
>     sudo apt-get build-dep csound
>
> I've got:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> builddeps:csound : Depends: ttf-dejavu but it is not installable
> What can be done?
> Thanks for Your help,
> Stefan

> <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
> <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installing
perhaps you can look if your installation is ttf or otf (open type font).

otherwise i would just go on with the installation of csound.  you can
install packages which might miss later if they are required.

On 04/08/2023 19:21, Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear Joachim,
> thanks for Your reply.
> I think I already have the font installed, at least if I can trust the
> attached screenshot from font-manager.
>
> Am Fr., 4. Aug. 2023 um 18:55 Uhr schrieb joachim heintz
> >:
>
>     this is a strange error message but it means you have to install the
>     "dejavu" font (ttf = true type font).
>
>     i guess you can install it with a tool in ubuntu; perhaps it is also on
>     fonts.google.com .
>
>     best -
>              joachim
>

>     On 04/08/2023 18:41, Stefan Thomas wrote:
>      > Dear community,
>      > I've problems with installing csound on ubuntu22.04
>      > After
>      >
>      >     sudo apt-get build-dep csound
>      >
>      > I've got:
>      > Reading package lists... Done
>      > Reading package lists... Done
>      > Building dependency tree... Done
>      > Reading state information... Done
>      > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>      > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>      > distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>      > or been moved out of Incoming.
>      > The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>      >
>      > The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>      > builddeps:csound : Depends: ttf-dejavu but it is not installable
>      > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>      > What can be done?
>      > Thanks for Your help,
>      > Stefan
>      >
>      >
>      > Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>
>      >      >
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>      >      > Send bugs reports to
>      > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>      >      > Discussions of bugs and
>      > features can be posted here
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installing
Ok, I will try and proceed with the installation!

Am Fr., 4. Aug. 2023 um 19:48 Uhr schrieb joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de>:
> [...]

>     <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>>
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>      > <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>> Send bugs reports to
>      > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>      > <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>> Discussions of bugs and
>      > features can be posted here
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installing
Ok, I've got  new error messages:
-- Could NOT find CURL (missing: CURL_LIBRARY CURL_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Not using CURL for urls - not found.
-- Could NOT find BISON (missing: BISON_EXECUTABLE)
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:637 (message):
 Csound requires the flex executable
I've no idea what they could mean.
Stefan

> [...]

>     <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>>
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>      > <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>> Send bugs reports to
>      > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>      > <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>> Discussions of bugs and
>      > features can be posted here
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromStefan Thomas
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installing
Ok, I understood: I had to install bison and flex, whatever they are, but it seems, that I've installed csound successfully.

Am Fr., 4. Aug. 2023 um 20:04 Uhr schrieb Stefan Thomas <kontrapunktstefan@gmail.com>:
> [...]

>     <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>>
>      > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>      > <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>> Send bugs reports to
>      > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>      > <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>> Discussions of bugs and
>      > features can be posted here
>
>     Csound mailing list
>     Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>     https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>     <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>     Send bugs reports to
>     https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>     <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>     Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] problem with installingf
Bison is the system used to parse the csound language;  flex is a tokeniser used with bison.  To understand the joke search for yacc.

=John ff

⁣​