[Csnd] in_out realtime

Date2023-07-12 15:11
FromRaoul MEGELAS
Subject[Csnd] in_out realtime
Attachmentsin_out.csd
	 HEllo Csounders,
 i am really sorry for tyis newbie question, but i need your help on this topic.
 based on nreverb.csd i first tried to get in_out working. all i am getting is cracklings.
 n.b. the last built for csound, which works quite well.
 here is the in_out.csd

please can you tell me what to do? and more important what to read to achieve this purpose.
 in advance manay thanks
 all the best.
     Raoul MEGELAS

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] in_out realtime
On 12.07.23 16:11, Raoul MEGELAS wrote:
> 	 HEllo Csounders,
>   i am really sorry for tyis newbie question, but i need your help on this topic.
>   based on nreverb.csd i first tried to get in_out working. all i am getting is cracklings.
>   n.b. the last built for csound, which works quite well.
>   here is the in_out.csd

look at this line:

outch a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6

This is not doing what you think is doing. What you probably want is
outch 1, a1, 2, a2, ...

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>

> please can you tell me what to do? and more important what to read to achieve this purpose.
>   in advance manay thanks
>   all the best.
>       Raoul MEGELAS

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromRaoul MEGELAS
SubjectRe: [Csnd] in_out realtime
Hello Eduardo

thanks for your help.
it works fine.
Just a question:
i got a  delay of  approximately 500ms  at the output.
is there a way to remedy to this problem?

Bests
Raoul

> On 12 Jul 2023, at 19:04, Eduardo Moguillansky  wrote:
>
> On 12.07.23 16:11, Raoul MEGELAS wrote:
>> 	 HEllo Csounders,
>>  i am really sorry for tyis newbie question, but i need your help on this topic.
>>  based on nreverb.csd i first tried to get in_out working. all i am getting is cracklings.
>>  n.b. the last built for csound, which works quite well.
>>  here is the in_out.csd
>
> look at this line:
>
> outch a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6
>
> This is not doing what you think is doing. What you probably want is outch 1, a1, 2, a2, ...
>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>
>>  please can you tell me what to do? and more important what to read to achieve this purpose.
>>  in advance manay thanks
>>  all the best.
>>      Raoul MEGELAS
>>

>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

SubjectRe: [Csnd] in_out realtime
hi raoul -

probably your buffer size is too large.  perhaps this helps:
https://csound-floss-dev.firebaseapp.com/how-to/hardware#realtime-audio-issues-and-errors

best -
	joachim

On 13/07/2023 08:30, Raoul MEGELAS wrote:
> Hello Eduardo
>
> thanks for your help.
> it works fine.
> Just a question:
> i got a  delay of  approximately 500ms  at the output.
> is there a way to remedy to this problem?
>
> Bests
> Raoul
>
>> On 12 Jul 2023, at 19:04, Eduardo Moguillansky  wrote:
>>
>> On 12.07.23 16:11, Raoul MEGELAS wrote:
>>> 	 HEllo Csounders,
>>>   i am really sorry for tyis newbie question, but i need your help on this topic.
>>>   based on nreverb.csd i first tried to get in_out working. all i am getting is cracklings.
>>>   n.b. the last built for csound, which works quite well.
>>>   here is the in_out.csd
>>
>> look at this line:
>>
>> outch a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6
>>
>> This is not doing what you think is doing. What you probably want is outch 1, a1, 2, a2, ...
>>

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>>
>>>   please can you tell me what to do? and more important what to read to achieve this purpose.
>>>   in advance manay thanks
>>>   all the best.
>>>       Raoul MEGELAS
>>>

>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>          https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

FromRaoul MEGELAS
SubjectRe: [Csnd] in_out realtime
Hi Joachim,

that’s fine and working as expected.
just a  note:
on osx 13.5 beta,  portaudio  introduces more latency than auhal (CoreAudio”.
then, i  choosed auhal with -b 256 -B 1024 which work  better
i keep  preciously the  given address.

Thanks and bests.

Raoul