[Csnd] playing a MIDI file to trigger a hardware instrument

Date2023-05-21 17:57
FromPhilipp Neumann
Subject[Csnd] playing a MIDI file to trigger a hardware instrument
Hello everybody!

I’m planning a performance where i want to play back a pre-produced MIDI file which then will trigger a midi-hardware instrument. This should happen synchronous to a soundfile playback also out of csound.
Is there an option in csound to load a MIDI file and play it back to a specific output?
Or should i use an DAW for playing back my MIDI file and soundfile while running a csound instrument ?

Greetings,
Philipp

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] playing a MIDI file to trigger a hardware instrument
At the moment, you can only play a MIDI file using -F.
You could translate your MIDI file into a Csound score and use that instead.
https://csound.com/midi2sco/