Re: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?

Date2023-01-09 20:46
FromCordelia <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
I still believe what I said on the Discord: I'm none to speak, but I really think that this mailing list is a big problem. The old one that disappeared was at least efficient.
Now, personally I can find nothing. Google does not show up results and I feel we lost a lot of important knowledge about Csound. Everything is dispatched between discord, the new forum (that it's amazing, but it's not so frequented) and this mailing list.
I think it's a really important argument to think.
Thanks.

FromForrest Curo
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
I just read the occasional question that might apply to anything I know about, or want to do. Over the years, I've found the people here extremely willing to help (comparted to lists for pd, chucK, or supercollider.)

There's a lot of information, for various platforms and levels of familiarity with the program, on the website.

Unless you've got some reason you'd want to follow this list, it is perfectly reasonable for you to unsubscribe. Peace, Good-stuff.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023 at 12:42 PM Cordelia <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
I still believe what I said on the Discord: I'm none to speak, but I really think that this mailing list is a big problem. The old one that disappeared was at least efficient.
Now, personally I can find nothing. Google does not show up results and I feel we lost a lot of important knowledge about Csound. Everything is dispatched between discord, the new forum (that it's amazing, but it's not so frequented) and this mailing list.
I think it's a really important argument to think.
Thanks.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
It could be that the file is not being closed properly and so it gets corrupted.

Afaik, that record() method is what CsoundQT uses to record realtime performances, maybe the developers Eduardo and Tarmo may confirm this and might have some suggestions.

François developed the interface so he may have something to say. I had a peak and the Python code seems to just call the C++ method without any further additions.

> On 9 Jan 2023, at 20:42, Cordelia <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> I still believe what I said on the Discord: I'm none to speak, but I really think that this mailing list is a big problem. The old one that disappeared was at least efficient.
> Now, personally I can find nothing. Google does not show up results and I feel we lost a lot of important knowledge about Csound. Everything is dispatched between discord, the new forum (that it's amazing, but it's not so frequented) and this mailing list.
> I think it's a really important argument to think.
> Thanks.

> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flistserv.heanet.ie%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FA0%3DCSOUND&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Cb164dd1c200e4ee58bb708daf28213f9%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C638088937735186168%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ENObHNTLl8u0wFvL18vs3xl0gbjnRcsIeSHdiY0BUio%3D&reserved=0
> Send bugs reports to
>        https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Cb164dd1c200e4ee58bb708daf28213f9%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C638088937735186168%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=rDBHFX%2BsuAJTmVPfMP%2BrZqSBkYm%2B5q0sCkUdGVFLY08%3D&reserved=0

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
Hi!

If it is of any help, CsoundQt uses CsoundPerformaceThread::Record() for recording:
see

tarmo

Kontakt Victor Lazzarini (<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval T, 10. jaanuar 2023 kell 00:36:
It could be that the file is not being closed properly and so it gets corrupted.

Afaik, that record() method is what CsoundQT uses to record realtime performances, maybe the developers Eduardo and Tarmo may confirm this and might have some suggestions.

François developed the interface so he may have something to say. I had a peak and the Python code seems to just call the C++ method without any further additions.

> On 9 Jan 2023, at 20:42, Cordelia <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> I still believe what I said on the Discord: I'm none to speak, but I really think that this mailing list is a big problem. The old one that disappeared was at least efficient.
> Now, personally I can find nothing. Google does not show up results and I feel we lost a lot of important knowledge about Csound. Everything is dispatched between discord, the new forum (that it's amazing, but it's not so frequented) and this mailing list.
> I think it's a really important argument to think.
> Thanks.

> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flistserv.heanet.ie%2Fcgi-bin%2Fwa%3FA0%3DCSOUND&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Cb164dd1c200e4ee58bb708daf28213f9%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C638088937735186168%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=ENObHNTLl8u0wFvL18vs3xl0gbjnRcsIeSHdiY0BUio%3D&reserved=0
> Send bugs reports to
>        https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Cb164dd1c200e4ee58bb708daf28213f9%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C638088937735186168%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=rDBHFX%2BsuAJTmVPfMP%2BrZqSBkYm%2B5q0sCkUdGVFLY08%3D&reserved=0

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
Regarding the old lis Cordelia, it didn't disappear. Nabble did, and took with it the ability to quickly search 10s of 1000s of emails. Richard Knight has put together a site for searching these old mails:
It's great to have this facility, but alas, most google searches no longer show any relevant information. At least everything that goes to this mailinst also shows up on the forums, so we won't run into this problem again as Csound now hosts its own searchable forum. I know Hloover tried to import decades worth of older emails but it didn't work. I think that would be the best solution, that all previous posts would be housed in the current forum. But I've no idea how to do this. By the sounds of things, I'm not even sure it is possible.

Perhaps, we could include a search field in the Csound website that would hook into Richard's indexed archives, and also the current forum?

On Mon 9 Jan 2023, 8:43 p.m. Cordelia, <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
I still believe what I said on the Discord: I'm none to speak, but I really think that this mailing list is a big problem. The old one that disappeared was at least efficient.
Now, personally I can find nothing. Google does not show up results and I feel we lost a lot of important knowledge about Csound. Everything is dispatched between discord, the new forum (that it's amazing, but it's not so frequented) and this mailing list.
I think it's a really important argument to think.
Thanks.

FromJacopo Greco d'Alceo <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
Thank you Rory for understanding my concern.
I did not know about this deposit of the old Nabble mail..I saved it now.

On 10 Jan 2023, at 11:05, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@EAR.IE> wrote:

[...]

FromJohn ff
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
Which old list?  From memory there was the list hosted at the University of Exeter, archive lost followed by two from University of Bath at least one has archives ; and then the SourceForge lists and then the heanet which has full archive

==John ff

On 9 Jan 2023, at 20:43, Cordelia <00000c641a512f08-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:
I still believe what I said on the Discord: I'm none to speak, but I really think that this mailing list is a big problem. The old one that disappeared was at least efficient.
Now, personally I can find nothing. Google does not show up results and I feel we lost a lot of important knowledge about Csound. Everything is dispatched between discord, the new forum (that it's amazing, but it's not so frequented) and this mailing list.
I think it's a really important argument to think.
Thanks.

FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
It's not the list John, but the accessible way of searching them provided by Nabble. This was the go-to place to search Csound lists for years, but alas it is no more. It means that Google no longer displays mailing list posts when searching for answers to Csound questions.

On Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:26 p.m. John ff, <jpff@codemist.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

Fromthorin kerr
SubjectRe: [Csnd] How do I unsubscribe successfully to this mailing list?
Slight tangent:
FYI there are messages from 2004 - 2007 buried deep in this 'warc' file.

Carry on
Thorin