[Csnd] Possible bug in zak opcodes

Date2022-12-05 02:26
FromAaron Krister Johnson
Subject[Csnd] Possible bug in zak opcodes
Hi all,

I believe there is a possible bug in the zack opcodes. Some old orc/sco combos that I have that have worked for years (and employ the zak opcodes) appear to now cause defaults in csound. I figured this out via educated guessing and got lucky when I disabled them.

Are there any recent changes in the codebase that come to mind, devs, that would cause this? (I have not looked at a git blame for the zak code).

They are deprecated in favor of the `chn` opcodes, right? And one always has global variables....but it is a shame, b/c I had quite a few orchestra built on piping things through Zzak that I would have to refactor...sigh.

-AKJ

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Possible bug in zak opcodes
Do you have an example that causes issues? And what version of Csound
and OS are you using?

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 9:28 PM Aaron Krister Johnson  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I believe there is a possible bug in the zack opcodes. Some old orc/sco combos that I have that have worked for years (and employ the zak opcodes) appear to now cause defaults in csound. I figured this out via educated guessing and got lucky when I disabled them.
>
> Are there any recent changes in the codebase that come to mind, devs, that would cause this? (I have not looked at a git blame for the zak code).
>
> They are deprecated in favor of the `chn` opcodes, right? And one always has global variables....but it is a shame, b/c I had quite a few orchestra built on piping things through Zzak that I would have to refactor...sigh.
>
> -AKJ

FromAaron Krister Johnson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Possible bug in zak opcodes
Yes, I will provide an example after my workday...

OS is Linux (Mint; ubuntu-based)
Csound was 6.something (latest stable), and prior versions of 6...will get you specifics (AFK now)

I meant "segfaults", not "defaults" in my first message. My phone auto-corrected I think.

-AKJ

On Sun, Dec 4, 2022 at 9:28 PM Aaron Krister Johnson <akjmicro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I believe there is a possible bug in the zack opcodes. Some old orc/sco combos that I have that have worked for years (and employ the zak opcodes) appear to now cause defaults in csound. I figured this out via educated guessing and got lucky when I disabled them.
>
> Are there any recent changes in the codebase that come to mind, devs, that would cause this? (I have not looked at a git blame for the zak code).
>
> They are deprecated in favor of the `chn` opcodes, right? And one always has global variables....but it is a shame, b/c I had quite a few orchestra built on piping things through Zzak that I would have to refactor...sigh.
>
> -AKJ

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Possible bug in zak opcodes
Thanks, can you open a ticket when you have the example so we can track it there?