[Csnd] Csound WASM video

Subject[Csnd] Csound WASM video
Here’s a short video demo of Csound WASM. It’s really good that you can easily route MIDI from whatever source into it.
Congrats Hlodver and Steven, it has reached a high level of functionality (and ease of coding)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXjaz_j9K0

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound WASM video
very nice accordion you have there!

And nice to hear that you can route midi from a DAW, with all the browser security around midi in the browser, I've been worried that it's a bit tedious to use, but seemingly it's not.

Unrelated side note regarding wasm, I've been busy today with developing it, and I've released a pre-release of csound7.
Besides being csound7, I was able to minify it even more.

Current wasm release 6.18.5 is 3.8MB
csound wasm pre-release 7.0.0-alpha2 is 2.2MB!!

I will make csound7 available as a configurable opt-in in the web-ide, and I'll announce it in a separate thread :)

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 at 23:08, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Here’s a short video demo of Csound WASM. It’s really good that you can easily route MIDI from whatever source into it.
Congrats Hlodver and Steven, it has reached a high level of functionality (and ease of coding)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXjaz_j9K0

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Csound WASM video
Csound WASM MIDI seems to pick up all MIDI drivers currently in the system. So all I needed to do was to route MIDI from Reaper to the IAC driver and there it was, together with
my usb keyboard.

> And nice to hear that you can route midi from a DAW, with all the browser security around midi in the browser, I've been worried that it's a bit tedious to use, but seemingly it's not.

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Csound WASM video
I see, currently I connect every midi device visible to the browser to csound. That could be made configurable for power user, like say, pass a function that return true or false when presented with midi device name, true meaning connect, false meaning not connect. Just an idea.

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 at 23:27, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Csound WASM MIDI seems to pick up all MIDI drivers currently in the system. So all I needed to do was to route MIDI from Reaper to the IAC driver and there it was, together with
my usb keyboard.

> And nice to hear that you can route midi from a DAW, with all the browser security around midi in the browser, I've been worried that it's a bit tedious to use, but seemingly it's not.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Csound WASM video
I think it's good how it is, but of course you could give the option to select specific inputs.

On 3 Dec 2022, at 22:33, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

I see, currently I connect every midi device visible to the browser to csound. That could be made configurable for power user, like say, pass a function that return true or false when presented with midi device name, true meaning connect, false meaning not connect. Just an idea.

On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 at 23:27, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Csound WASM MIDI seems to pick up all MIDI drivers currently in the system. So all I needed to do was to route MIDI from Reaper to the IAC driver and there it was, together with
my usb keyboard.

> And nice to hear that you can route midi from a DAW, with all the browser security around midi in the browser, I've been worried that it's a bit tedious to use, but seemingly it's not.

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound WASM video
I've just deployed live.csound.com with a new UI and also using Csound
7. Going to be using it for live coding now to spend more time
using/testing it.

On Sat, Dec 3, 2022 at 5:23 PM Hlöðver Sigurðsson  wrote:

> very nice accordion you have there!
>
> And nice to hear that you can route midi from a DAW, with all the browser security around midi in the browser, I've been worried that it's a bit tedious to use, but seemingly it's not.
>
> Unrelated side note regarding wasm, I've been busy today with developing it, and I've released a pre-release of csound7.
> Besides being csound7, I was able to minify it even more.
>
> Current wasm release 6.18.5 is 3.8MB
> csound wasm pre-release 7.0.0-alpha2 is 2.2MB!!
>
> I will make csound7 available as a configurable opt-in in the web-ide, and I'll announce it in a separate thread :)
>
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 at 23:08, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>>
>> Here’s a short video demo of Csound WASM. It’s really good that you can easily route MIDI from whatever source into it.
>> Congrats Hlodver and Steven, it has reached a high level of functionality (and ease of coding)
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilXjaz_j9K0

>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Csound WASM video
So much great Csound on the Web stuff to share with my students in class this week.
- beyond WOW.

Thanks for all these incredibly inspiring tool, models, tutorials - incredible.

- Dr.B

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division