[Csnd] Live inputs reverb

Date2022-11-17 14:13
FromRaoul MEGELAS
Subject[Csnd] Live inputs reverb
	Hello list,

Please can you tell me what is the best way to  add
6 individual reverb to  ingoing 6  live inputs from an audio interface?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Raoul MEGELAS

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Live inputs reverb
Nov 17 2022, Raoul MEGELAS has written:

> 	Hello list,
>
> Please can you tell me what is the best way to  add
> 6 individual reverb to  ingoing 6  live inputs from an audio interface?
You can write one live reverb instrument with a few parameters,
including the input channel. It depends on the input mechanism you want
to use. You have the generic inch, but also specific input opcodes for
JACK. Then in your instrument you can pass one input into the reverb and
output it to a specific channel.

A little more open version, depending on everything else you want to do,
you can input all six channels into one instrument and then pass the
inputs to a reverb instrument through Csound channels (chn opcodes) or
global variables and then mix all the reverb outputs into outut
channels. Again you can choose Csound channels or global variables. Then
in one global output instrument you write these outputs to an audio
interface or somewhere else.

You can put everything into one instrument, but then you will have
duplicate lines, one line for every reverb and maybe some other mixing
magic. This is cumbersome to change and when a mistake happens, it might
happen in several copies of the same line. Say you mistyped something
in a line processing an input with reverb, you might simply copy that
line and make minimal changes, possibly carrying your error. Also
encapsulating one reverb call in an instrument with parameters allows
you to make further changes quickly. Like a highpass filter, some
EQ'ing, etc.

HTH.

Best wishes,

Jeanette