Re: [Csnd] Interesting results rendering wgpluck2 at sr 96000 vs 44100

Date2022-11-04 11:35
FromScott Daughtrey
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Interesting results rendering wgpluck2 at sr 96000 vs 44100
Thanks for the reply. I've toyed with building Karplus-Strong synths in virtual modular synths. From what  I recall,  if there was no lpf in the circuit or the cutoff was too high it would go into an uncontrollable and escalating feedback loop, but again it's been a while and this stuff is beyond me. Perhaps increasing the sr raises the cutoff point or something?

As primarily a musician what interests me the most right now is generally the end result. I do wish this was documented in the manual though, others might find it useful. Although the "why's" do interest me as well, the explanations are often over my head right now so I tend not to ask ;). I started learning C++ and Java a few weeks ago so hopefully in the future my understanding will justify knowing why/how some of the opcodes work.

FromJosh Moore
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Interesting results rendering wgpluck2 at sr 96000 vs 44100
There would be no resonance, normally butterworth filter at 22.5 khz, but this is correct, you have higher bandwidth noise and this changes the freq spectra when ran thru comb filter which should make it brighter. Different bit depths would change characteristics a bit too.

Ironically it gives me some new ideas to do with dust2 and comb filtering, exploiting this to the max lol.

Sent from my iPad