[Csnd] New Csound VR experience

Date2022-11-02 02:57
Fromandy fillebrown
Subject[Csnd] New Csound VR experience
Hi all! I just uploaded a new Csound + 3D graphics experience called
"Triangle" at https://docedub.com/posts/2.

The 6 degrees of freedom experience uses Csound WASM to generate the
audio in real time so that it updates the spatial audio parameters as
you move around. This is a little CPU intensive so it's best not to
try it on mobile devices. It should work fine for desktops and VR
headsets like the Quest 2, though. I get some audio dropouts when
using macOS Safari, but it has no issues with Chrome or Firefox.

The 3 degrees of freedom experience is for mobile devices or any other
device that has issues playing the 6 degrees of freedom experience. It
uses .mp3 files for audio playback instead of generating the audio in
real time. Since the audio listener position is static in this mode,
it only allows for looking around, not moving around.

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Cheers,
~ Andy Fillebrown / docEdub

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New Csound VR experience
Hi!

Impressive! Worked very well in Firefox browser on desktop. Also the sound localisations verywere very clear. Did you use hrtf family opcodes? Would you care to share the Csound part of the code!

greetings,
tarmo

Kontakt andy fillebrown (<andy.fillebrown@gmail.com>) kirjutas kuupäeval K, 2. november 2022 kell 04:59:
[...]

Thanks for listening!

For the sound localisations I reimplemented Google's Omnitone library
as Csound UDOs.

The source code for this project is at
https://github.com/docEdub/WorksInProgress/tree/Projects/2-PrimitiveTriangles.
It's not pretty but it works :)

I added a GitHub release for you with the final .csd file generated at
the end of my workflow. You can download it here:
https://github.com/docEdub/WorksInProgress/releases/download/2-PrimitiveTriangles-221102-0308/2-PrimitiveTriangles-221102-0308.csd

Cheers,
~ Andy Fillebrown / docEdub