[Csnd] ide.csound.com virtual keyboard

Date2022-10-20 21:14
FromTarmo Johannes
Subject[Csnd] ide.csound.com virtual keyboard
Hi!

Am I right that  Csound web IDE https://ide.csound.com/ does not react to builtin virtual keyboard any more?

I noticed that Csound that it uses is updated to 6.18. That is great but could it cause the MIDI regression?

I tried on Firefox and Chrome, same result.

Thanks!
tarmo

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] ide.csound.com virtual keyboard
Btw I haven't finished the release/tagged yet so there's time to fix wasm bugs.

On 20 Oct 2022, at 21:16, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi!

Am I right that  Csound web IDE https://ide.csound.com/ does not react to builtin virtual keyboard any more?

I noticed that Csound that it uses is updated to 6.18. That is great but could it cause the MIDI regression?

I tried on Firefox and Chrome, same result.

Thanks!
tarmo

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] ide.csound.com virtual keyboard
AttachmentsScreenshot 2022-10-20 at 23.27.57.png
It's under View -> Virtual MIDI Keyboard

but annoyingly it's not visible when you visiting other people's projects. I'll need to find a proper UX solution to bring it up.
Thanks for the report Tarmo!

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 22:19, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
Btw I haven't finished the release/tagged yet so there's time to fix wasm bugs.

On 20 Oct 2022, at 21:16, Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com> wrote:

*Warning*

This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

Hi!

Am I right that  Csound web IDE https://ide.csound.com/ does not react to builtin virtual keyboard any more?

I noticed that Csound that it uses is updated to 6.18. That is great but could it cause the MIDI regression?

I tried on Firefox and Chrome, same result.

Thanks!
tarmo

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] ide.csound.com virtual keyboard
My apologies, I notice a crucial point here "does not *react*" not about finding it :D

will look into it now...

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 23:29, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

ok it works for me, I noticed that I need to specify the midi mapping from within csound Options

<CsOptions>
-M0
</CsOptions>

I also need to find a better ux for this to set custom csound options in the web-ide without needing to pass them into the .csd headers.
Because currently this would not work for scoreless .orc only setup.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 23:30, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

I think using CSD options is ok.

Anyway, I was going to suggest to Tarmo to add -M0 but I thought he knew that already,
since this was always needed.

On 20 Oct 2022, at 22:55, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

No it is not about the visibility - it just does not trigger any events. Tried also with midiin  - nothing.
For me at least.

Can you check?

Tarmo

R, 21. oktoober 2022 00:30 Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> kirjutas:
[...]

It works here for me.

> On 21 Oct 2022, at 05:48, Tarmo Johannes  wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> No it is not about the visibility - it just does not trigger any events. Tried also with midiin  - nothing.
> For me at least.
>
> Can you check?
>
> Tarmo
>
> R, 21. oktoober 2022 00:30 Hlöðver Sigurðsson  kirjutas:
> It's under View -> Virtual MIDI Keyboard
>
> but annoyingly it's not visible when you visiting other people's projects. I'll need to find a proper UX solution to bring it up.
> Thanks for the report Tarmo!
>
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 at 22:19, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
> Btw I haven't finished the release/tagged yet so there's time to fix wasm bugs.

>> On 20 Oct 2022, at 21:16, Tarmo Johannes  wrote:
>>

>> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>> Hi!
>>
>> Am I right that  Csound web IDE https://ide.csound.com/ does not react to builtin virtual keyboard any more?
>>
>> I noticed that Csound that it uses is updated to 6.18. That is great but could it cause the MIDI regression?
>>
>> I tried on Firefox and Chrome, same result.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> tarmo
>> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND Send bugs reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] ide.csound.com virtual keyboard
Hi!

I could  return to this - yes, adding -M0 did the trick. Strangely I did not need it with older version -  I was trying out some older projects with virtual keyboard that used to work before, that's why I got confused.

Anyway - thanks a lot and again -  wonderful platform!

Best!
tarmo

Kontakt Victor Lazzarini (<Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval R, 21. oktoober 2022 kell 10:39:
It works here for me.