[Csnd] Error messages does not make sense...

Date2022-10-13 21:11
FromMike McGonagle
Subject[Csnd] Error messages does not make sense...
I posted an issue I'm having to the Cabbage forum, and unfortunately, Rory in all his glory, could not duplicate the error. I'm posting a link to the forum so you can read Rory's response. I hope this is fine...

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Error messages does not make sense...
I think an UDO that output strings always runs at both init and perf time, and so you get the warning. You can ignore it because the code has also run at init-time.

> On 13 Oct 2022, at 21:11, Mike McGonagle  wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> I posted an issue I'm having to the Cabbage forum, and unfortunately, Rory in all his glory, could not duplicate the error. I'm posting a link to the forum so you can read Rory's response. I hope this is fine...
>
> https://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/error-message-seems-pointless/3428?u=mjmogo
>
> Mike

FromMike McGonagle
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Error messages does not make sense...
Thanks, Victor! I'll carry on until it actually crashes!

Mike

On Thursday, October 13, 2022, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
I think an UDO that output strings always runs at both init and perf time, and so you get the warning. You can ignore it because the code has also run at init-time.

> On 13 Oct 2022, at 21:11, Mike McGonagle <mjmogo@GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> WARNINGThis email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
> I posted an issue I'm having to the Cabbage forum, and unfortunately, Rory in all his glory, could not duplicate the error. I'm posting a link to the forum so you can read Rory's response. I hope this is fine...
>
> https://forum.cabbageaudio.com/t/error-message-seems-pointless/3428?u=mjmogo
>
> Mike

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] Error messages does not make sense...
Well, this particular issue won’t cause any harm. You read the warning: the performance code is just ignored.