[Csnd] forum replies disappear?

Subject[Csnd] forum replies disappear?
hello all -

i answered in the past week or so to some posts in the csound forum
which i received via email.  but it seems that my replies do not get
anywhere.

for instance the question from Philipp about k-rate this morning.  i
replied to this address:
reply.forum.csound+3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com

but i don't see it in https://forum.csound.com/c/newbies/8

does anyone know what goes wrong here?  it used to work in the past.

thanks -

SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
I just realized my last email reply to a forum message also did not go through. Perhaps something Hlodver can assist with.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 11:59 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
hello all -

i answered in the past week or so to some posts in the csound forum
which i received via email.  but it seems that my replies do not get
anywhere.

for instance the question from Philipp about k-rate this morning.  i
replied to this address:
reply.forum.csound+3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com

but i don't see it in https://forum.csound.com/c/newbies/8

does anyone know what goes wrong here?  it used to work in the past.

thanks -

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
this is somewhat mysterious, I am running an update now. But there's a good chance the gmail programmatic API was changed recently, and if so I'd need some time to migrate to new authentication. Replying on forum.csound.com itself still works while I fix this.

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 19:42, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
I just realized my last email reply to a forum message also did not go through. Perhaps something Hlodver can assist with.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 11:59 AM joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
hello all -

i answered in the past week or so to some posts in the csound forum
which i received via email.  but it seems that my replies do not get
anywhere.

for instance the question from Philipp about k-rate this morning.  i
replied to this address:
reply.forum.csound+3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com

but i don't see it in https://forum.csound.com/c/newbies/8

does anyone know what goes wrong here?  it used to work in the past.

thanks -

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
Attachments2022-10-02 16.45.47.png
i'm not sure if it's fixed, I personally don't have email notifications, but I was able to receive an email test, could you Steven or Joachim try once more?
2022-10-02 16.45.47.png

On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 20:06, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

thanks for having a look.  i have sent my message once again two hours
ago, but it did not get through.

here is again the address to which i have sent it:
reply.forum.csound+3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com

cheers -
	joachim

On 02/10/2022 16:46, Hlöðver Sigurðsson wrote:
> i'm not sure if it's fixed, I personally don't have email notifications,
> but I was able to receive an email test, could you Steven or Joachim try
> once more?
> 2022-10-02 16.45.47.png
>
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 20:06, Hlöðver Sigurðsson  > wrote:
>
>     this is somewhat mysterious, I am running an update now. But there's
>     a good chance the gmail programmatic API was changed recently, and
>     if so I'd need some time to migrate to new authentication. Replying
>     on forum.csound.com  itself still works
>     while I fix this.
>
>     On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 19:42, Steven Yi      > wrote:
>
>         I just realized my last email reply to a forum message also did
>         not go through. Perhaps something Hlodver can assist with.
>
>         On Sat, Oct 1, 2022 at 11:59 AM joachim heintz
>         > wrote:
>
>             hello all -
>
>             i answered in the past week or so to some posts in the
>             csound forum
>             which i received via email.  but it seems that my replies do
>             not get
>             anywhere.
>
>             for instance the question from Philipp about k-rate this
>             morning.  i
>             replied to this address:
>             reply.forum.csound+3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com
>
>             but i don't see it in https://forum.csound.com/c/newbies/8
>

>             does anyone know what goes wrong here?  it used to work in
>             the past.
>
>             thanks -
>
>                      joachim
>
>             Csound mailing list
>             Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>             https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>             Send bugs reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>             Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>         https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>          Send bugs
>         reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>          Discussions of bugs
>         and features can be posted here

>  Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>  Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

FromCsound Forum
SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
test 1,2,3

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 19:43, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de> wrote:
> [...]

>             morning.  i
>             replied to this address:
>             reply.forum.csound+3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com <mailto:reply.forum.csound%2B3dad8f778d15087ba592f4f44ccda7d1@gmail.com>
>
>             but i don't see it in https://forum.csound.com/c/newbies/8
>             <https://forum.csound.com/c/newbies/8>
>
>             does anyone know what goes wrong here?  it used to work in
>             the past.
>
>             thanks -
>
>                      joachim
>
>             Csound mailing list
>             Csound@listserv.heanet.ie <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>             https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>             <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>             Send bugs reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>             <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>             Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
I think I fixed it this time. Your replied just arrived, two of them :D

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 20:25, Csound Forum <reply.forum.csound@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

>             https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>             <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>             Send bugs reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>             <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>             Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>         <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>         https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>         <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs
>         reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>         <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs
>         and features can be posted here

> <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
> <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
I see my earlier email reply to the Forum has now posted, looks good to me, thanks!

On Sun, Oct 2, 2022 at 2:41 PM Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

>             https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>             <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND>
>             Send bugs reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>             <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues>
>             Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

>         <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
>         https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>         <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs
>         reports to https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>         <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs
>         and features can be posted here

> <mailto:Csound@listserv.heanet.ie>
> <https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND> Send bugs reports to
> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
> <https://github.com/csound/csound/issues> Discussions of bugs and
> features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
yes all is there --- cheers!

On 02/10/2022 21:05, Steven Yi wrote:
> [...]
>
>              >                      > Send bugs
>              >         reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>              >                      > Discussions of bugs
>              >         and features can be posted here
>              >
>              > Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>
>              >              >
>              > https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>              >              > Send bugs
>             reports to
>              > https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>              >              > Discussions of
>             bugs and
>              > features can be posted here
>
>             Csound mailing list
>             Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>             https://listserv.heanet.ie/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CSOUND
>
>             Send bugs reports to
>             https://github.com/csound/csound/issues
>
>             Discussions of bugs and features can be posted here

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
As an aside, I wonder if the traffic has moved from here to the Forum.

> [...]
> Send bugs reports to
>       https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Cf544f6d9faf34f3b7bcc08daa4aa7fcc%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C638003349447185236%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=fd9NvYfFBj8T521llL3HmWcbFWqPbT1O5LPAHiLCa6c%3D&reserved=0

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
that response email

Steven Yi via The Csound Community
is defenitely strange. The mailing list should be read-only on discord. But I wonder if that changed now. I'll keep my eyes open (also curious what my reply does now).

Maybe steven replied through Discord?

On Sun, 2 Oct 2022 at 21:52, Victor Lazzarini <Victor.Lazzarini@mu.ie> wrote:
> [...]

> Send bugs reports to
>       https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues&amp;data=05%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7Cf544f6d9faf34f3b7bcc08daa4aa7fcc%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C638003349447185236%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=fd9NvYfFBj8T521llL3HmWcbFWqPbT1O5LPAHiLCa6c%3D&amp;reserved=0

FromCsound Forum
SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] Re: [Csnd] forum replies disappear?
Attachments2022-10-06 14.25.05.png
not sure if there's an discourse expert here, but I just made the mailing-list category on discourse read_restricted: true
I'm hoping it stops the automatic notifications coming to the mailing list :crossing-fingers:
2022-10-06 14.25.05.png