[Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008

Date2019-08-15 21:34
FromEhsan Ebrahimi <000002d2fca3b9e3-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
Subject[Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008
Hello to all
I want to pair some sensors with raspberry pi with MCP3008.
Does anyone know what I need to write in Python file, and what should I write in Csound to get the data?

Many thanks

Ehsan

Date2019-08-16 08:33
FromRichard van Bemmelen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008
Well, your options are serial communications or over OSC.(network)
I do not have an example right now...

Richard

Op do 15 aug. 2019 om 22:34 schreef Ehsan Ebrahimi <000002d2fca3b9e3-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>:
Hello to all
I want to pair some sensors with raspberry pi with MCP3008.
Does anyone know what I need to write in Python file, and what should I write in Csound to get the data?

Many thanks

Ehsan

FromEhsan Ebrahimi <000002d2fca3b9e3-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008
AttachmentsSensoren.pdf

Hello Richard,
I think with GPIO, it will get Raspberry Pi
I connect potentiometers with MCP3008 and connect MCP3008 with pins from RPI.
I'm sending an example of what Alex Hoffman wrote in the appendix, but it lacks part of MCP3008 for Python and I do not know how to get it in Csound.

many thanks

On Friday, August 16, 2019, 9:34:21 AM GMT+2, Richard van Bemmelen <zappfinger@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

Well, your options are serial communications or over OSC.(network)
I do not have an example right now...

Richard

Op do 15 aug. 2019 om 22:34 schreef Ehsan Ebrahimi <000002d2fca3b9e3-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>:
Hello to all
I want to pair some sensors with raspberry pi with MCP3008.
Does anyone know what I need to write in Python file, and what should I write in Csound to get the data?

Many thanks

Ehsan

FromIain McCurdy
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008
AttachmentsAnalogue Controls With the Raspberry Pi.pdf
I've attached a tutorial on setting up MCP3008 - Raspi - Csound. It includes a code example (which includes the python code) which reads the first analogue input from the MCP3008 and prints it. It is a simple matter to add the other seven. Hopefully this is helpful.
Iain.

I want to pair some sensors with raspberry pi with MCP3008.
Does anyone know what I need to write in Python file, and what should I write in Csound to get the data?

Many thanks

Ehsan

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008
Attachmentsadafruit_mcp3008.py
Hi,

I remember I was experimenting with this chip once but don't remember how far we got. I found a python file that handles the GPIO and sends a reading of one potentiometer as OSC signal out. Of course you can write Csound code into the same script or use it in some other way -  have a look at the Csound API python examples and perhaps this:

Hope it helps.
And when you get it working - please share!

tarmo

Kontakt Ehsan Ebrahimi (<000002d2fca3b9e3-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie>) kirjutas kuupäeval N, 15. august 2019 kell 23:34:
Hello to all
I want to pair some sensors with raspberry pi with MCP3008.
Does anyone know what I need to write in Python file, and what should I write in Csound to get the data?

Many thanks

Ehsan

FromEhsan Ebrahimi <000002d2fca3b9e3-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Respberry Pi MCP3008
Dear Iian,
Thank you very much! It works very well.

Dear Tarmo,
since has worked for example of Iian, I did not come to your example, but thanks for your reply

Best regards
Ehsan