[Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope

Date2020-12-31 17:25
FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
Subject[Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
I realize just now that I had forgotten to announce this release here:

"Nancarrow Biotope" is a reorchestration of Conlon Nancarrow player piano studies, for (midi controlled) Pipe Organ, Disklavier, and synthesized transients (Csound). In the release are also some improvisations, where Csound is used for algorithmic treatment of live input (midi events, from my Marimba Lumina), and Csound here trigger midi events on the Disklavier and Pipe Organ. The synth timbres played from the Marimba Lumina are also all Csound.
One of my favourite improvisations is the last track on the album "Vectors and Intervals".

Performed in the Nidaros Cathedral and in Stavanger Concert Hall.

There is also a video from the production here

Happy new year
Øyvind

SubjectRe: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
This is very nice! Thanks,

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 12:25 PM Oeyvind Brandtsegg <obrandts@gmail.com> wrote:
I realize just now that I had forgotten to announce this release here:

"Nancarrow Biotope" is a reorchestration of Conlon Nancarrow player piano studies, for (midi controlled) Pipe Organ, Disklavier, and synthesized transients (Csound). In the release are also some improvisations, where Csound is used for algorithmic treatment of live input (midi events, from my Marimba Lumina), and Csound here trigger midi events on the Disklavier and Pipe Organ. The synth timbres played from the Marimba Lumina are also all Csound.
One of my favourite improvisations is the last track on the album "Vectors and Intervals".

Performed in the Nidaros Cathedral and in Stavanger Concert Hall.

There is also a video from the production here

Happy new year
Øyvind

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
Øyvind,

These are awesome - especially YOURS!!!
- thanks so much.
What a nice way to end 2020.

Wishing you all the best in 2021

-R

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor of Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing and Technology Division

skype: radiobaton

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/richard.boulanger.58

about: http://www.boulangerlabs.com/#about

about: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/

music: http://www.csounds.com/community/developers/dr-richard-boulanger/dr-richard-boulanger-music/

Boulanger Labs - http://boulangerlabs.com

The Csound Book http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/csound-book

The Audio Programming Book - http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/audio-programming-book

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 12:26 PM Oeyvind Brandtsegg <obrandts@gmail.com> wrote:
I realize just now that I had forgotten to announce this release here:

"Nancarrow Biotope" is a reorchestration of Conlon Nancarrow player piano studies, for (midi controlled) Pipe Organ, Disklavier, and synthesized transients (Csound). In the release are also some improvisations, where Csound is used for algorithmic treatment of live input (midi events, from my Marimba Lumina), and Csound here trigger midi events on the Disklavier and Pipe Organ. The synth timbres played from the Marimba Lumina are also all Csound.
One of my favourite improvisations is the last track on the album "Vectors and Intervals".

Performed in the Nidaros Cathedral and in Stavanger Concert Hall.

There is also a video from the production here

Happy new year
Øyvind

FromTarmo Johannes
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
AttachmentsNone  None

Date2021-01-04 08:11
FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
Thanks so much for all the nice feedback. Looking forward to make more music in -21 :-)

lør. 2. jan. 2021 kl. 18:10 skrev Tarmo Johannes <trmjhnns@gmail.com>:
Absolutely fascinating!
Congreatulations!
and happy 2021!
tarmo

On Dec 31 2020, at 7:25 pm, Oeyvind Brandtsegg <obrandts@gmail.com> wrote:
I realize just now that I had forgotten to announce this release here:

"Nancarrow Biotope" is a reorchestration of Conlon Nancarrow player piano studies, for (midi controlled) Pipe Organ, Disklavier, and synthesized transients (Csound). In the release are also some improvisations, where Csound is used for algorithmic treatment of live input (midi events, from my Marimba Lumina), and Csound here trigger midi events on the Disklavier and Pipe Organ. The synth timbres played from the Marimba Lumina are also all Csound.
One of my favourite improvisations is the last track on the album "Vectors and Intervals".

Performed in the Nidaros Cathedral and in Stavanger Concert Hall.

There is also a video from the production here

Happy new year
Øyvind

Fromluis antunes pena
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
Wonderfull Oeyvind! Thanks for sharing it!
Best,
Luís

Am 31.12.20 um 18:25 schrieb Oeyvind Brandtsegg:
I realize just now that I had forgotten to announce this release here:

"Nancarrow Biotope" is a reorchestration of Conlon Nancarrow player piano studies, for (midi controlled) Pipe Organ, Disklavier, and synthesized transients (Csound). In the release are also some improvisations, where Csound is used for algorithmic treatment of live input (midi events, from my Marimba Lumina), and Csound here trigger midi events on the Disklavier and Pipe Organ. The synth timbres played from the Marimba Lumina are also all Csound.
One of my favourite improvisations is the last track on the album "Vectors and Intervals".

Performed in the Nidaros Cathedral and in Stavanger Concert Hall.

There is also a video from the production here

Happy new year
Øyvind

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
Very groovy, a bit of Ligeti's Hungarian Rock impression I get from this.

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 11:59, luis antunes pena <antunespena@web.de> wrote:
[...]

Frommichele dp
Subject[Csnd] AW: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
thanks Oeyvind for posting the link to the video and the link to the paper where you describes the details of working with 3 different organs: very well done!
best regards,
Michele Del Prete
PS have you ever considered working with the splendid Wagner organ of the Nidarosdomen (even if it is an entirely mechanical baroque instrument) for pieces for organ and electronics?

[...]

SubjectRe: [Csnd] AW: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
Not yet :-)

man. 4. jan. 2021 kl. 15:58 skrev michele dp <abendmusik@hotmail.com>:
[...]

Subject[Csnd] AW: [Csnd] AW: [Csnd] New release: Nancarrow Biotope
I am looking forward to it then...