[Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it

Date2019-08-05 15:20
FromAnton Kholomiov
Subject[Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it
I'd like to share my new track: Underwater glow

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/underwater-glow

I used Csound to create all sound design noises.
Like wind sweeps, or swirling noises. They happen mostly in the middle
of the song when rhythmic part stops. It was great fun  to explore the
noise soundscapes with Csound.

Enjoy)
Happy listening!
Anton

FromAnton Kholomiov
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it
Genre is neoclassic, piano ambient

пн, 5 авг. 2019 г. в 17:20, Anton Kholomiov <anton.kholomiov@gmail.com>:
I'd like to share my new track: Underwater glow

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/underwater-glow

I used Csound to create all sound design noises.
Like wind sweeps, or swirling noises. They happen mostly in the middle
of the song when rhythmic part stops. It was great fun  to explore the
noise soundscapes with Csound.

Enjoy)
Happy listening!
Anton

FromRichard
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it

I like it! What do you use for the piano? Pianoteq?

Richard

On 05/08/2019 16:36, Anton Kholomiov wrote:
Genre is neoclassic, piano ambient

пн, 5 авг. 2019 г. в 17:20, Anton Kholomiov <anton.kholomiov@gmail.com>:
I'd like to share my new track: Underwater glow

https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/underwater-glow

I used Csound to create all sound design noises.
Like wind sweeps, or swirling noises. They happen mostly in the middle
of the song when rhythmic part stops. It was great fun  to explore the
noise soundscapes with Csound.

Enjoy)
Happy listening!
Anton

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it
Aug 5 2019, Anton Kholomiov has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/underwater-glow
Anton, this is a beautiful piece of music and soundscape. Would you tell
us a little more about the Csound part? I suppose the piano is a sample
library and the wind instrument is played live, as with earlier of your
music.

I'm particularly curious about the water drops (ca. 3:15) and the
parkly/bubbly effect that can be heard around 1:38 and throughout the
piece.

Best wishes and thanks for sharing,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's a girl in the mirror
I wonder who she is
Sometimes I think I know her
Sometimes I really wish I did <3
(Britney Spears)

FromGuillermo Senna
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it
Congratulations, Anton. This sounds very well produced!

Cheers.

On 5/8/19 11:20, Anton Kholomiov wrote:
> I'd like to share my new track: Underwater glow
>
> https://soundcloud.com/anton-kho/underwater-glow
>
> I used Csound to create all sound design noises.
> Like wind sweeps, or swirling noises. They happen mostly in the middle
> of the song when rhythmic part stops. It was great fun  to explore the
> noise soundscapes with Csound.
>
> Enjoy)
> Happy listening!
> Anton

FromAnton Kholomiov
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Music with some Csound design in it
Thanks for feedback!

Yes, the Piano is pianoteq, intimate bluthner preset.

About bubbles, I'm sorry to say that the bubbles are recorded.
The Csound I use for wind noises. It's mostly various noise (white and pink)
which is filtered with LFO on center frequency. And given it's Csound I play with speed of LFO.
So it sometimes gradually modulated with another LFO or speed up or slowed down.
So it's some sort of FM that modulates the center frequency filter that is applied to the noise.

So Csound is mostly for Wind like noises. But it's one of my favorite parts in the piece. The middle section.
When noises start to dominate.