[Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples

Date2021-02-23 13:50
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Hey hey,
I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound conference
of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available under
the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example of a
granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had a
good pointer.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

FromTarek Wayne
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples

This is probably not what you're looking for, however, the Hadron VST(based on partikkel) has 2 granular reverbs if I remember correctly.

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021, 14:50 Jeanette C., <julien@mail.upb.de> wrote:
Hey hey,
I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound conference
of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available under
the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example of a
granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had a
good pointer.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Attachmentspartikkelverb.csd
Hi Jeanette,
I have an updated version of the partikkelverb csd here, attached.
Oeyvind

tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 14:50 skrev Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de>:
Hey hey,
I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound conference
of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available under
the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example of a
granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had a
good pointer.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Many thanks, Oeyvind! I am looking forward to play with that!

Best wishes,

Jeanette
Feb 23 2021, Oeyvind Brandtsegg has written:

> Hi Jeanette,
> I have an updated version of the partikkelverb csd here, attached.
> Oeyvind
>
> tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 14:50 skrev Jeanette C. :
>
>> Hey hey,
>> I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound
>> conference
>> of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
>>
>> https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
>> Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available
>> under
>> the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example
>> of a
>> granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had a
>> good pointer.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
>> --
>>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>
>> There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
>> (Britney Spears)
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Feb 23 2021, Tarek Wayne has written:

> This is probably not what you're looking for, however, the Hadron VST(based
> on partikkel) has 2 granular reverbs if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the heads-up, I wasn't aware that there were reverbs built into
that. It might also be interesting to look at them later on.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021, 14:50 Jeanette C.,  wrote:
>
>> Hey hey,
>> I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound
>> conference
>> of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
>>
>> https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
>> Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available
>> under
>> the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example
>> of a
>> granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had a
>> good pointer.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
>> --
>>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>
>> There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
>> (Britney Spears)
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

FromOeyvind Brandtsegg
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Thanks for noticing :-) Yes, Hadron can be configured to do particle reverbs. It comes down to a specific combination of parameter settings. Since Hadron is a quite complex piece of code, due to the desire to make it flexible and morph-able, I think it is easier to study the partikkelverb code in order to see how it is done.

tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 15:16 skrev Tarek Wayne <wstlopez@gmail.com>:

[...]

Attachmentspartikkelverb.zip
 I got an email from the list server saying that the attachment was not accepted. trying to send it as a zip now. Let me know if you can not receive the file.

tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 15:16 skrev Oeyvind Brandtsegg <obrandts@gmail.com>:
Hi Jeanette,
I have an updated version of the partikkelverb csd here, attached.
Oeyvind

tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 14:50 skrev Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de>:
Hey hey,
I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound conference
of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available under
the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example of a
granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had a
good pointer.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Feb 23 2021, Oeyvind Brandtsegg has written:

> I got an email from the list server saying that the attachment was not
> accepted.
I got your CSD file the first time. Thanks for resending. I am already having
fun! Strange that the server should complain...

Best wishes,

Jeanette

trying to send it as a zip now. Let me know if you can not
> receive the file.
>

> tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 15:16 skrev Oeyvind Brandtsegg :
>
>> Hi Jeanette,
>> I have an updated version of the partikkelverb csd here, attached.
>> Oeyvind
>>
>> tir. 23. feb. 2021 kl. 14:50 skrev Jeanette C. :
>>
>>> Hey hey,
>>> I have read a great paper by Oeyvind and Kim Ervik for the Csound
>>> conference
>>> of 2011 about partikkel based reverb effects:
>>>
>>> https://www.incontri.hmtm-hannover.de/fileadmin/www.incontri/Csound_Conference/Ervik_Brandtsegg2.pdf
>>> Unforunately, the linked example implementations are no longer available
>>> under
>>> the given URL. Does anyone have a link or copy or another working example
>>> of a
>>> granular reverb b ased on partikkel? I'd be very grateful if someone had
>>> good pointer.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>>
>>> Jeanette
>>>
>>> --
>>>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>>
>>> There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
>>> (Britney Spears)
>>>
>>> Csound mailing list
>>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>>> Send bugs reports to
>>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

There's just a thing or two I'd like you to know <3
(Britney Spears)

FromTarek Wayne
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples

I'm a huge fan of your work! My installation concepts have revolved around your opcode!

And I have been using Hadron on and off since it came out in Renoise..

I should finally share some of my work with the group..

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021, 16:30 Oeyvind Brandtsegg, <obrandts@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Thanks so much 😁. And please do share.
All best
Øyvind

tir. 23. feb. 2021, 11:16 p.m. skrev Tarek Wayne <wstlopez@gmail.com>:

[...]

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Partikkel based granular reverb examples
Very very nice.

- dB

Dr. Richard Boulanger

Professor

Electronic Production and Design

Berklee College of Music

Professional Writing & Technology Division