Re: [Csnd] newbie questions

Date2021-03-23 15:22
FromTom Peters
SubjectRe: [Csnd] newbie questions
Jeannette, John:
thank you for your helpful comments.
For my initial post I tried to attach the .csd as a second component but things got garbled up.  So my first question was:

1) Output to a .wav file by a CsOption does not work for me from CSoundQt: if I comment the -odac and uncomment the -o tmp.wav -W, my computer still produces noise and nothing gets written. So how can I  from CSoundQt write output to a file?

I like to add another:
The example Just_Intonation.csd does the kind of thing that I like to try: but I do not understand the syntax. The manual for the i statement does not explain.
http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/i.html

Q6: So in the below .csd fragment, what do the '.', '+', and '^+0' mean?

i 1 0 3 8.00 0
i . 0 . 9.00 1
i . + . 8.00 0
i . ^+0 . 8.07 1

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] newbie questions
Try clicking on Render rather than Play.

> On 23 Mar 2021, at 15:22, Tom Peters  wrote:
>
> 1) Output to a .wav file by a CsOption does not work for me from CSoundQt: if I comment the -odac and uncomment the -o tmp.wav -W, my computer still produces noise and nothing gets written. So how can I  from CSoundQt write output to a file

SubjectRe: [Csnd] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd] newbie questions
and for your questions to the score syntax:
https://csound.com/docs/manual/ScoreTop.html

this may also be useful:
https://flossmanual.csound.com/miscellanea/methods-of-writing-csound-scores

best -