[Csnd] JBSO - framework for object oriented development

Date2022-01-01 17:36
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] JBSO - framework for object oriented development
Hey hey,
I present JBSO, a framework written in UDOs to help develop almost
object-oriented types in Csound. JBSO will take care of a few processes
automatically, such as object counting, mapping IDs to names and more checks,
but it still relies on the programmer to follow certain rules.
http://juliencoder.de/sound/jbso-1.0.zip

There is a small HTML manual, a README and each UDO contains its own
documentation again.

Basically JBSO works by creating systematic channel names, namespaces, like
this:
JBSO.Classname.Objectname.*
There are helper routines to create and destroy an object.

There is already
some support for storage on disk, possibly using ftsave/ftload, but currently
no helper opcodes have been implemented.

This is version 1.0 and I didn't have much chance to test it yet. JBSO was
born as a side project to something else I am working on and finding that I
repeat a lot of code over and over again and, naturally, mistyep :) or have
small logic errors. JBSO is an attempt to safeguard more against such errors
and give as much basic support to this kind of development as possible.

Since these opcodes serve a more abstract course there is no code demo
included, although I hope to supply a small demonstration with a minimal type
in the future. Currently, I am looking forward to go back to the main project
I distracted myself from with JBSO and the scale quantisers released
yesterday. :)

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Our imagination
Taking us to places
We have never been before... <3
(Britney Spears)

FromRichard van Bemmelen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] JBSO - framework for object oriented development
I could not download the zip file. First I got a security warning, but when I continued the object was not found...

Richard

Op za 1 jan. 2022 om 18:35 schreef Jeanette C. <julien@mail.upb.de>:
[...]

Hello Richard!
Jan 1 2022, Richard van Bemmelen has written:

> I could not download the zip file. First I got a security warning, but when
> I continued the object was not found...
That is strange, I just tried again and it worked. I know about the
security warning, since the site isn't https.

Here is a temporary dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/btaft064a1gbgdv/jbso-1.0.zip

Does anyone else have an issue with the version on my website? Did you
try to go to the site itself:
http://juliencoder.de/sound/index.html
and try to download from there?

Best wishes and thanks for your interes,

Jeanette

> Richard
>
> Op za 1 jan. 2022 om 18:35 schreef Jeanette C. :
>
>> Hey hey,
>> I present JBSO, a framework written in UDOs to help develop almost
>> object-oriented types in Csound. JBSO will take care of a few processes
>> automatically, such as object counting, mapping IDs to names and more
>> checks,
>> but it still relies on the programmer to follow certain rules.
>> http://juliencoder.de/sound/jbso-1.0.zip
>>
>> There is a small HTML manual, a README and each UDO contains its own
>> documentation again.
>>
>> Basically JBSO works by creating systematic channel names, namespaces,
>> like
>> this:
>> JBSO.Classname.Objectname.*
>> There are helper routines to create and destroy an object.
>>
>> There is already
>> some support for storage on disk, possibly using ftsave/ftload, but
>> currently
>> no helper opcodes have been implemented.
>>
>> This is version 1.0 and I didn't have much chance to test it yet. JBSO was
>> born as a side project to something else I am working on and finding that
>> repeat a lot of code over and over again and, naturally, mistyep :) or
>> have
>> small logic errors. JBSO is an attempt to safeguard more against such
>> errors
>> and give as much basic support to this kind of development as possible.
>>
>> Since these opcodes serve a more abstract course there is no code demo
>> included, although I hope to supply a small demonstration with a minimal
>> type
>> in the future. Currently, I am looking forward to go back to the main
>> project
>> I distracted myself from with JBSO and the scale quantisers released
>> yesterday. :)
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Jeanette
>>
>> --
>>   * Website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
>>   * Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMS4rfGrTwz8W7jhC1Jnv7g
>>   * Audiobombs: https://www.audiobombs.com/users/jeanette_c
>>   * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c
>>
>> Our imagination
>> Taking us to places
>> We have never been before... <3
>> (Britney Spears)
>>
>> Csound mailing list
>> Csound@listserv.heanet.ie
>> Send bugs reports to
>>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

>        https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Our imagination
Taking us to places
We have never been before... <3
(Britney Spears)

FromRichard van Bemmelen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] JBSO - framework for object oriented development
Thanks! The dropbox link worked as did the website link.
Looking forward to dive into it...

Best wishes to you too!
Richard