[Csnd] exit code with exitnow

Date2019-08-12 09:02
FromEduardo Moguillansky
Subject[Csnd] exit code with exitnow
hi,

exitnow has an argument to send an exitcode to the calling shell when
csound is run on its own, but it does not seem to work (exitcode is
always 0). Has this feature been deprecated? Should the manual be corrected?

thanks!

eduardo

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] exit code with exitnow
exitnow is currently imlemeted as a longjump with the return value.  I am
not sure where the appropriate setjmp is.  As far as I know this is not
deprecated, just not working.

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019, Eduardo Moguillansky wrote:

> hi,
>
> exitnow has an argument to send an exitcode to the calling shell when csound
> is run on its own, but it does not seem to work (exitcode is always 0). Has
> this feature been deprecated? Should the manual be corrected?
>
> thanks!
>
> eduardo

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] exit code with exitnow
More information.  The error code is transmitted as far as the
Frontend/csound code where it is lost in csoundPerform, and replaced with
zero as faras  can tell.  Stil investigating.....

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019, Eduardo Moguillansky wrote:

> hi,
>
> exitnow has an argument to send an exitcode to the calling shell when csound
> is run on its own, but it does not seem to work (exitcode is always 0). Has
> this feature been deprecated? Should the manual be corrected?
>
> thanks!
>
> eduardo

>       https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd] exit code with exitnow
Version in github develop branch seems to work no.

Thankyou for the report

==John ff