[Csnd] Midi Channel

Date2019-10-26 23:07
FromSeunghunn Yu
Subject[Csnd] Midi Channel
Hey all!

Does anyone know how to assign a certain channel number to the midi you plug in?

Say I want midi equipment x to be designated channel y.

All the best,
-Sean

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Midi Channel
hi sean -

not really sure what you want to achieve.  the midi device has its
dedicated channel number.  you cannot change it in csound.

what you can do is to direct any midi channel to any instrument.  this
is done with the opcode massign.

hope this helps -

	joachim

On 27/10/19 00:07, Seunghunn Yu wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> Does anyone know how to assign a certain channel number to the midi you
> plug in?
>
> Say I want midi equipment x to be designated channel y.
>
> All the best,
> -Sean
> Csound mailing list Csound@listserv.heanet.ie

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues Discussions of bugs and features
> can be posted here

FromPete Goodeve
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Midi Channel
AttachmentsNone

Date2019-10-27 12:06
FromSeunghunn Yu
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Midi Channel
Thanks for the reply Joachim and Pete

Yes I have several midi equipments and I was trying to coordinate the midi channel number to be the same as the midi key number (or ie ascii), which is also the number of the instrument. Because I have one midi keyboard that triggers all others. No technical problems but just for it to look simple :) Was just wondering if numbering the midi channel was also flexible.

Sincerely,
Sean Y.

(moin Joachim!! :))

2019년 10월 27일 (일) 04:08, joachim heintz <jh@joachimheintz.de>님이 작성: