[Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study

Date2020-11-01 15:55
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study
Hi all,

I just published a short new piece on SoundCloud called "Infinity Study". I became interested in the Per Norgard's infinity series and decided to try applying to microtonal intervals:

https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear/infinity-study

Source code for the piece (Csound and Python) is available at https://github.com/DaveSeidel/music-src/tree/master/infinity-study

I am mulling over the idea of writing a Csound opcode to generate infinity series sequences, which could be used in a variety of ways.

I hope you find the interesting and possibly even enjoyable.

Best to all,
Dave

---

SubjectRe: [Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study
Really lovely to have this on right now, thanks for sharing this Dave!

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 10:55 AM Dave Seidel  wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just published a short new piece on SoundCloud called "Infinity Study". I became interested in the Per Norgard's infinity series and decided to try applying to microtonal intervals:
>
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear/infinity-study
>
> Source code for the piece (Csound and Python) is available at https://github.com/DaveSeidel/music-src/tree/master/infinity-study
>
> I am mulling over the idea of writing a Csound opcode to generate infinity series sequences, which could be used in a variety of ways.
>
> I hope you find the interesting and possibly even enjoyable.
>
> Best to all,
> Dave
>
> ---
>
> http://mysterybear.net
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>
> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study
Thanks, Steven! I've been enjoying your code share posts -- I always learn something.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 10:55 AM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just published a short new piece on SoundCloud called "Infinity Study". I became interested in the Per Norgard's infinity series and decided to try applying to microtonal intervals:
>
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear/infinity-study
>
> Source code for the piece (Csound and Python) is available at https://github.com/DaveSeidel/music-src/tree/master/infinity-study
>
> I am mulling over the idea of writing a Csound opcode to generate infinity series sequences, which could be used in a variety of ways.
>
> I hope you find the interesting and possibly even enjoyable.
>
> Best to all,
> Dave
>
> ---
>
> http://mysterybear.net
> https://mysterybear.bandcamp.com
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0--3uN5ycq_aupZXskBgA
> https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear
>
> http://recordings.irritablehedgehog.com/album/dave-seidel-60-hz

FromJason Hallen
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study
Great piece, Dave.  Puts me into a wonderful headspace.  Love the harmonic terrain it explores.

Jason

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 9:55 AM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I just published a short new piece on SoundCloud called "Infinity Study". I became interested in the Per Norgard's infinity series and decided to try applying to microtonal intervals:

https://soundcloud.com/mysterybear/infinity-study

Source code for the piece (Csound and Python) is available at https://github.com/DaveSeidel/music-src/tree/master/infinity-study

I am mulling over the idea of writing a Csound opcode to generate infinity series sequences, which could be used in a variety of ways.

I hope you find the interesting and possibly even enjoyable.

Best to all,
Dave

---

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study
Thanks very much, Jason!

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020, 2:51 PM Jason Hallen <hallenj@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd] New piece: Infinity Study
It would be fantastic to have an infinity series opcode!  Looking forward to studying tour piece in the next few days.  Back in touch soon

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Nov 1, 2020, at 2:58 PM, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Dave,

Lovely - yes... we need the infinity series opcode for sure!!!!
- please add one.

And... so nice to jump to your 'music-src' repo with the sources for all your pieces.
- a treasure

Thanks

-R

Dr. Richard Boulanger