[Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers

Subject[Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers
When and where will the ICSC 2019 papers be available online?

Regards,

FromEnrico Francioni <00000005323c8739-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers
Hi Micheal,

in a few days the ICSC2019 Organization team will discuss what kind of
publication to do:
/- online
- paper
- other…/

At the moment we would prefer an online publication.

Enrico

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers
TL;DR: Make the proceedings as one PDF and post it the conference Web
site and on csound.com. But there is more.

I think online publication should be the first priority. In addition,
if there is an institutional affiliation with a publisher such as a
university press, it may be be possible to get a DOI number on the
cheap. (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_object_identifier.)
That would make it easier for other authors to refer to the
proceedings. But it's certainly not necessary. The ICMC 2018
proceedings have no DOI and are simply online. csound.com could
certainly host the document but csound.com would have to pay to join
the DOI system unless, as I said, there is another institution willing
to do this for us.

Of course there are advantages to other forms of publication.

For print publication, I suggest looking into print on demand of a PDF
of the proceedings. See https://scholarcommons.usf.edu/POD.pdf.

For either online publication, or print on demand, or a regular print
run, PDF should be fine. It does not seem to be necessary to prepare
the document in any ebook format.

However, there is a demand for an ebook format such as Kindle, there
are programs such as Calibre and also online services that can perform
this task.

Some years ago I tried using Calibre to convert a PDF of one of my
papers to epub, with disappointing results. I tried this again just
now. The results were much improved, but still not usable with
equations or figures. Some of the online services may possibly do
better.

If the source of the proceedings was a LaTeX document rather than a
PDF, then the proceedings could be translated into an epub format with
better results.

Regards,

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM Enrico Francioni
<00000005323c8739-dmarc-request@listserv.heanet.ie> wrote:

> Hi Micheal,
>
> in a few days the ICSC2019 Organization team will discuss what kind of
> publication to do:
> /- online
> - paper
> - other…/
>
> At the moment we would prefer an online publication.
>
> Enrico
>

> --
> Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

FromEnrico Francioni <00000005323c8739-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers
Thanks Michael for this valuable information,

…See you soon!
Enrico

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

FromAlex Hofmann
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers
I know that our University (https://www.mdw.ac.at/repository/?PageId=10) has a publication server that can do both, host publications and give each unique identifiers (DOIs or URNs). The repo guarantees that the papers will be accessible for a specified duration (something like 5 to 20 years). And we could link from any csound related website directly to the pdfs in the repo (as done here: https://viennatalk2015.mdw.ac.at/index.htmlpage_id=13002&pap=105.html).

There is a meeting with the people from our library next Tuesday and I could ask if there would be an option to do the hosting of the Csound Conference Proceedings, if this is of any help?

Alex

Am 09.10.2019 um 19:44 schrieb Enrico Francioni <00000005323c8739-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>:

Thanks Michael for this valuable information,

…See you soon!
Enrico

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html

FromEnrico Francioni <00000005323c8739-dmarc-request@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
SubjectRe: [Csnd] ICSC 2019 Papers
Thanks Alex,
we also take your suggestion into account ...
We are still working on the publication of Proceedings.

See you soon,
Enrico
ICSC2019

--