[Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1

Date2019-10-23 12:14
From"Jeanette C."
Subject[Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1
Hey hey,
I need to create an ftable of length 9 and only get 8. A length of 10 is
properly accepted. I checked by creating an ftable of length 5, which also
doesn't work.

I tried both creation in the orchestra, using ftgen and in the score using
the f-statement.

Here's an example:
gIFunction ftgen 1, 0, 9, -2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
instr Test
   iLength = ftlen(1)
   prints "\nFtable length: %d", iLength
   turnoff
i1 0 .1

The same for an ftable statement of:
f1 0 9 -2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Length is reported as 8.

As mentioned, a length of 10 works.

Since I can't foresee the length of the sequence, an ftable seems the easiest
and safest way to deal with that task.

Is this a bug or a feature and what else to try?

Best wishes and many thanks,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

You might think that I won't make it on my own,
But now I'm Stronger <3
(Britney Spears)

FromEduardo Moguillansky
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1
use negative size (-9)

On 23.10.19 13:14, Jeanette C. wrote:
> gIFunction ftgen 1, 0, 9, -2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
> instr Test
>   iLength = ftlen(1)
>   prints "\nFtable length: %d", iLength
>   turnoff
> endin

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1
Chance that this is fixed in never versions?

giFunction ftgen 1, 0, 8, -2, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

instr Test

iLength = ftlen(1)

prints "\nFtable length: %d\n", iLength

turnoff

endin

</CsInstruments>

<CsScore>

i1 0 .1

</CsScore> prints 8 and when I set the size to 9 or 10, if I insert 8 values I get ftlen = 8

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:25, Eduardo Moguillansky <eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com> wrote:
use negative size (-9)

On 23.10.19 13:14, Jeanette C. wrote:
> gIFunction ftgen 1, 0, 9, -2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
> instr Test
>   iLength = ftlen(1)
>   prints "\nFtable length: %d", iLength
>   turnoff
> endin

FromHlöðver Sigurðsson
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1
no sorry, I take it back, I have table length of 9 and insert 9 values and get returned 8.

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
Chance that this is fixed in never versions?

giFunction ftgen 1, 0, 8, -2, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

instr Test

iLength = ftlen(1)

prints "\nFtable length: %d\n", iLength

turnoff

endin

</CsInstruments>

<CsScore>

i1 0 .1

</CsScore> prints 8 and when I set the size to 9 or 10, if I insert 8 values I get ftlen = 8

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:25, Eduardo Moguillansky <eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com> wrote:
use negative size (-9)

On 23.10.19 13:14, Jeanette C. wrote:
> gIFunction ftgen 1, 0, 9, -2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
> instr Test
>   iLength = ftlen(1)
>   prints "\nFtable length: %d", iLength
>   turnoff
> endin

SubjectRe: [Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1
I think you missed what Eduardo said, use a negative table length:

giFunction ftgen 1, 0, -9, -2, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

This returns 9 here.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 7:55 AM Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
no sorry, I take it back, I have table length of 9 and insert 9 values and get returned 8.

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:53, Hlöðver Sigurðsson <hlolli@gmail.com> wrote:
Chance that this is fixed in never versions?

giFunction ftgen 1, 0, 8, -2, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

instr Test

iLength = ftlen(1)

prints "\nFtable length: %d\n", iLength

turnoff

endin

</CsInstruments>

<CsScore>

i1 0 .1

</CsScore> prints 8 and when I set the size to 9 or 10, if I insert 8 values I get ftlen = 8

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019 at 13:25, Eduardo Moguillansky <eduardo.moguillansky@gmail.com> wrote:
use negative size (-9)

On 23.10.19 13:14, Jeanette C. wrote:
> gIFunction ftgen 1, 0, 9, -2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
> instr Test
>   iLength = ftlen(1)
>   prints "\nFtable length: %d", iLength
>   turnoff
> endin

From"Jeanette C."
SubjectRe: [Csnd] Can't create function table of length 2^x+1
Oct 23 2019, Eduardo Moguillansky has written:

> use negative size (-9)
Many thanks Eduardo.

Best wishes,

Jeanette