Re: Instrument sharing, was Csound for Zaurus

Date2003-07-30 21:30
From"Iain Duncan"
SubjectRe: Instrument sharing, was Csound for Zaurus
> From what I've been reading, I can't wait to see some of your
> instruments!  Any chance of a taste put up on the web?
>
> Andy.

Yes Andy, everything *will* go on the web. I feel bad that we have not
gotten to the sharing part yet, but I know from my experiences learning
csound that most people would rather see working, cleanly documented, and
clearly laid out examples, instead of isolated parts of a horrificly klugy
gigantic cuisanart. And right now we have to get our gig version 1 done as
soon as we can, cause my part time job is losing it's appeal . . . ; )

As I'd like to get into contract programming for side work ( I'm thinking
while driving across our massive country for gigs, I might as well earn a
few bucks, ha ha! ) I've been learning PHP, sql, and misc web stuff, so I
will be putting a lot of work into that end in the fall with an online
searchable csound instrument database. We will also be doing the GPL
sequencer toolkit site. All of this I think will make more sense anyway once
there is a working stable canonical 5 that has realtime audio in/out and
midi in/out.

I can post some code here if people want, but the problem is that it will be
bits of a larger project, so it won't run "out of the box". With some fairly
minor alterations it could be usable. If people are interested in that I can
do so, and certainly I can take time to answer questions about it. But I
have to prioritize the gig thing first for another month or two I think.

Iain