From: "Mark Fletcher"
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2003 1:18 PM
Subject: [CsndTek] problem with MIDI input and variable types

Hello all,

I am designing an instrument that uses real-time MIDI control, and I am
trying to add support for MIDI program change.  To get the program change
information, I have considered using the midiin or midiprogramchange
opcodes.  These opcodes return a-rate or k-rate variables.  However, I need
this information in an i-variable, because I am passing the program number
to the grain opcode as the igfn parameter (waveform function table).

I can get real-time MIDI controller data as an i-rate variable (which
incidentally doesn't make a lot of sense), so it seems like it should be
possible to get an i-rate program change number.  Any ideas?  I would
appreciate any assistance.

Thank you,
Mark Fletcher