Re: Track production methods

Date2004-01-19 09:07
From"Iain Duncan"
SubjectRe: Track production methods
> Iain Duncan wrote:
> >>I'm running debian/unstable + 2.6.1 on a PIV2.4G laptop. As controllers
> >>I have a couple of Evolution USB keyboards.
> > Can you share anything you had to do to 2.6.1 to get this working
properly?

> Sure: http://atte.dk/linux

Thanks. I tried to read the rest of the site, but failed miserably. Don't
suppose you have an english version (or french! ) anywhere?

>  > And have you
> > considered puting the .csd on line somewhere? I'd be interested in
seeing
> > that.

> Hmmm, I'm quite protective about that (I fell akward about it since
> csound is open-source, but that's the way it is), but the basic ideas
> are no secret. Is there anything specefic you'd like to know?

Not really, I was just curious to see the instruments. For what it's worth,
I'd encourage you to share the code, but I understand if you don't want to.
I don't think anyone is going to sound like you by looking at your code,
know what I mean? Currently I'm putting a fair bit of time into finally
documenting some of my work so I can post it. My main reason not to so far
is that I don't want people looking at the extreme ugliness of my works in
progress! Ha ha.

For whomevers interested, I'm cleaning up my monophonic drum sampler with
choke right now. Will post when done. Works like choke on Akai samplers, you
can make choke groups that cut each off automatically on overlapping
durations without clicks. Quite a bit of work to implement in csound really.

I'll see if I can figure out enough to download some of Atte's tracks now!
Iain