Re: Customizing spread sheet apps.

Date2003-10-15 21:27
From"Iain Duncan"
SubjectRe: Customizing spread sheet apps.
> Perl's got a lot of stuff. Text::CSV provides a batch of manipulation
> routines;
> DBD::CSV lets you treat a CSV file like an SQL database. sxc2csv
> converts Open/Star Office spreadsheets from native format to CSV. Check
> search.cpan.org for more details; just search on "csv".
>
>   --- Joe M.

Thanks Joe. I take it the above applies to using Perl on the csv file after
the spreadsheet app has saved it. If not please correct me. I was thinking
more of adding functions to the spreadsheet app itself so that I can take
advantage of selections areas from the spreadsheet. Ie highlight a block of
numbers and do a transpose on note names and such like.

Thanks
Iain