Csound Csound-dev Csound-tekno Search About

Intro and Q's

Date2005-05-08 00:28
FromBob Bear
SubjectIntro and Q's
AttachmentsNone  
Hi all,
Just thought Id introduce myself (before I start harassing you with questions!). My names Steve Jones, Music Tech grad, been using Csound for a couple of months. Got into Csound to try out some of the cool sound mangling tools that werent available in commercial plugins. Now Im hooked! So far Iv done some sound design stuff using mainly Pvco and Snwarper. Both of these opcodes seem amazing for time / pitch scaling, Iv been using them to design ambiences and drones.
Right now, Im in the middle of two programs, and Iv become a little stuck:
- First up, Im trying to create a subtractive vocoder (using 'butterbp' filters), and I have a basic design that works. However, Im having trouble knowing how to calculate the filter freq's and bandwidths. Would anyone have done something like this, and if so could i maybe get a little info?

- Secondly, Im making a simple multisample instrument (using some samples from 'Symphony of Voices'). When using mono versions all is ok, but when i load in the full stereo versions into the f-table i start getting the weirdest error message - something about stereo loscil cant load from mono f-table. I dont understand this because Iv made sure that the orc header, loscil and f-table are all stereo! I also tested the same f-table out with other opcodes and it worked fine.
Is there something Im missing hear, or am i just being a dumb ass?

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

Yahoo! Messenger - want a free & easy way to contact your friends online?