From: "gerald"
To: "Making electronic dance music with csound."
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:33 AM
Subject: [CsndTek] beowulf clusters

> Anyone on this list ever try to setup csound on a beowulf cluster or any
> other cluster environment?  In order to take advantage of a cluster,
> software needs to be written for parallel computing.  Is csound
> designed for parallel processes or does it use serial methods?

FromGabriel Maldonado
SubjectRe: beowulf clusters
It is always possible to run two or more instances of Csound at the same
time in multi-CPU machines.

BtW: CsoundAV should benefit a lot from 2 cpus because the OpenGL engine
runs in thread different than the audio engine. Anyway, I havn't had the
possibility to get a try.

Gabriel

Michael Gogins wrote:

> Csound is single threaded without a GUI, double threaded with a GUI, but
> needs to coordinate events across threads. A GUI performance might
> benefit modestly from 2 cpus, but Csound could not beneft from more than
> 2 cpus.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "gerald"

Gabriel Maldonado
http://csounds.com/maldonado