[Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio

Subject[Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Hi All,

I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
issues that came up with it:

https://vimeo.com/350903550

Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.

All best!
Steven

Date2019-08-27 10:31
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
issues that came up with it:

https://vimeo.com/350903550

Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.

All best!
Steven

Date2019-08-27 15:33
FromRichard Boulanger
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
A Csound plugin for Wwise would be huge.

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 27, 2019, at 5:31 AM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
issues that came up with it:

https://vimeo.com/350903550

Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.

All best!
Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
course, so still some decisions to make. ;)

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh  wrote:

> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>
> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>> issues that came up with it:
>>
>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>
>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>
>> All best!
>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 10:13
FromRichard Boulanger
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi  wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh  wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 10:20
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
FMOD plugin exporting has been available in Cabbage since 2016 😂.  I added an exporter for VCV Rack a few years back too, although it is now a little old and I'm not sure if it will work with later versions of VCV Rack. It was written with the previous API. If anyone wants a go at updating it, you can find the repo here.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:13, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 13:36
FromRichard Boulanger
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
I remember seeing the expo to VCV rack.  I will try later today

On Aug 29, 2019, at 5:20 AM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

FMOD plugin exporting has been available in Cabbage since 2016 😂.  I added an exporter for VCV Rack a few years back too, although it is now a little old and I'm not sure if it will work with later versions of VCV Rack. It was written with the previous API. If anyone wants a go at updating it, you can find the repo here.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:13, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 13:37
FromRichard Boulanger
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
PS... Love my Cabbage - super busy exporting to AU and VST!!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 29, 2019, at 5:20 AM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

FMOD plugin exporting has been available in Cabbage since 2016 😂.  I added an exporter for VCV Rack a few years back too, although it is now a little old and I'm not sure if it will work with later versions of VCV Rack. It was written with the previous API. If anyone wants a go at updating it, you can find the repo here.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:13, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 13:39
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
According to this use it's not working.
It's on my to-do list but it's a long list! Note that hosting Csound is relatively simple. The GUI requires some work though.

On Thu 29 Aug 2019, 13:36 Richard Boulanger, <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
I remember seeing the expo to VCV rack.  I will try later today

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 29, 2019, at 5:20 AM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

FMOD plugin exporting has been available in Cabbage since 2016 😂.  I added an exporter for VCV Rack a few years back too, although it is now a little old and I'm not sure if it will work with later versions of VCV Rack. It was written with the previous API. If anyone wants a go at updating it, you can find the repo here.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:13, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Thanks for the link Steven, very interesting!

Best,
Mike

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019, 08:39 Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
According to this use it's not working.
It's on my to-do list but it's a long list! Note that hosting Csound is relatively simple. The GUI requires some work though.

On Thu 29 Aug 2019, 13:36 Richard Boulanger, <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
I remember seeing the expo to VCV rack.  I will try later today

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 29, 2019, at 5:20 AM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

FMOD plugin exporting has been available in Cabbage since 2016 😂.  I added an exporter for VCV Rack a few years back too, although it is now a little old and I'm not sure if it will work with later versions of VCV Rack. It was written with the previous API. If anyone wants a go at updating it, you can find the repo here.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:13, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 15:15
From"Dr. Richard Boulanger"
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Rory,

As you pointed out, I can confirm that it is there in the "File"menu.  And.. that it does "export" everything into a folder; but when I try to "open" in the latest VCV Rack, even when I move the exported folder into the Rack Plugins folder.
- your GIF looks great
- the link in the readme file on how to "compile" the plugins that are exported from Cabbage is broken/dead.
- not sure about the compiling instructions now

But... I am off to Shanghai China from Oct 11 - 28 to teach for 2 weeks (a lot of Csound and modular Csound (Qu-Bit Nebulae) and Cabbage and... Ableton Live (Cosund for Live) and the VCV Rack.
- it would be really awesome, if I could show the students how to use Csound in their VCV Rack patches too.  Any chance you might be able to update that feature by then (and the instructions?)
- hope so.  It would be the icing on an already delicious Cabbage Salad!

Best

-dB
Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor of Electronic Production and Design
Professional Writing and Music Technology Division
Berklee College of Music
OFFICE: 1126 Boylston St., Suite 201 (EPD), Suite 208 (Boulanger)

On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 8:39 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
According to this use it's not working.
It's on my to-do list but it's a long list! Note that hosting Csound is relatively simple. The GUI requires some work though.

On Thu 29 Aug 2019, 13:36 Richard Boulanger, <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
I remember seeing the expo to VCV rack.  I will try later today

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

On Aug 29, 2019, at 5:20 AM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

FMOD plugin exporting has been available in Cabbage since 2016 😂.  I added an exporter for VCV Rack a few years back too, although it is now a little old and I'm not sure if it will work with later versions of VCV Rack. It was written with the previous API. If anyone wants a go at updating it, you can find the repo here.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 10:13, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
Export FMOD and VCV Rack from Cabbage!!!

Dr. Richard Boulanger
Professor
Electronic Production and Design
Berklee College of Music

> On Aug 27, 2019, at 11:14 AM, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, I won't be covering interactive and game audio until next
> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.
>>>
>>> All best!
>>> Steven

Date2019-08-29 19:01
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
I'll try to find the time Richard, but our semester is just about to start here and it's all hands on deck! For what it's worth, René started this all with his Csound VCV Rack framework, that might be easier to update and build.

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 15:16, Dr. Richard Boulanger <rboulanger@berklee.edu> wrote:
> [...]

> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.

Date2019-08-29 20:06
FromRichard Boulanger
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Thanks.  I will check that out.  Even if You could get your project to compile again, that would be awesome... but none of this is urgent...  there is so much cool in Cabbage and the export to AU and VST is the most important thing... and it works great!!!

On Aug 29, 2019, at 2:01 PM, Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:

> [...]

> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.

Date2019-09-02 11:11
FromRory Walsh
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
I took a quick look at this Richard and it seems the Rack SDK/API has changed quite a lot since I wrote my first implementation. I'm slowly trying to get through all the error. But it's going to take more time that I had first though. I'll try to have it ready for your trip to Shanghai. It would be a shame to miss the free marketing!

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 20:06, Richard Boulanger <rboulanger56@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

> semester. I've heard Wwise licensing might be difficult to get working
> with our labs from the previous professor, but I'll check that and
> FMOD to see what can work. I'm still working on curriculum for the
> course, so still some decisions to make. ;)
>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 5:31 AM Rory Walsh <rorywalsh@ear.ie> wrote:
>>
>> Interesting. Are you using Wwise with students now? Writing a simple Csound plugin for it has been on my todo list for some time, but I find myself bypassing middleware altogether these days.
>>
>>> On Mon, 26 Aug 2019 at 20:12, Steven Yi <stevenyi@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I saw an interesting video about Wwise ported to WebAudio and the
>>> issues that came up with it:
>>>
>>> https://vimeo.com/350903550
>>>
>>> Thought it interesting for those working with WebAudio Csound.

Date2019-09-02 14:41
FromRichard Boulanger
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [ot] Interesting talk about Wwise and WebAudio
Rory,

Good luck and thanks!

It would serve as an important connecting piece, linking together a number if the open-source, cross-platform audio and synthesis projects I plan to feature and use to teach in China from October 11-28.

But....

Fear not...  I sell a ton of "Cabbage" every semester!!! Its powerful, practical, beautiful, intuitive, fantastic and super important.

It's importance and significance will be a part of my 2019 ICSC keynote as well.

In China... we will be using it a ton... weather or not you get VCV export models working again... if you do.  That will be the super glue!

Best and thanks and GOOD LUCK