[Csnd-dev] Ugens/opcodes and possible bugs

Date2022-04-15 15:35
FromOla Fosheim Gr=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=B8stad?=
Subject[Csnd-dev] Ugens/opcodes and possible bugs
Hi,
I used Csound quite a bit in the mid 1990s and even wrote my own ugen back then (a morphing LFO saw/square/pulse-width with geometric anti-aliasing). I am intrigued by your web-interface to Csound that I recently discovered and have also started to factor out some of the generators (BaBo etc) and translate them into C++20 with the intent of making stand alone LGPL effects (webworkers) for modern audio web apis. I haven't set up a compilation environment for Csound (I use MacPorts and not Homebrew), but since translating Csound code into C++ by necessity means looking over all the code I've found a couple of instances of suspicious looking code. I have filed two github issues for those in case they need fixing:

https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/1603
https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/1602

Maybe someone could look at those and tell me if those issues are valid problems, or not, if they are then I can submit issues as I find them, but if they are just supicious-looking, but working code, then I probably should not file more issues.. :-)

Cheers,

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Ugens/opcodes and possible bugs
Thanks for this. I looked at one of your issues and indeed there was a bug, which has been fixed. The other one might also need a fix but I have not yet looked at it.

> On 15 Apr 2022, at 15:46, Ola Fosheim Grøstad  wrote:
>
> *Warning*
>
> This email originated from outside of Maynooth University's Mail System. Do not reply, click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
>
> Hi,
> I used Csound quite a bit in the mid 1990s and even wrote my own ugen back then (a morphing LFO saw/square/pulse-width with geometric anti-aliasing). I am intrigued by your web-interface to Csound that I recently discovered and have also started to factor out some of the generators (BaBo etc) and translate them into C++20 with the intent of making stand alone LGPL effects (webworkers) for modern audio web apis. I haven't set up a compilation environment for Csound (I use MacPorts and not Homebrew), but since translating Csound code into C++ by necessity means looking over all the code I've found a couple of instances of suspicious looking code. I have filed two github issues for those in case they need fixing:
>
> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues%2F1603&data=04%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C3ded33a41a3f451dc5da08da1eeea5db%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C637856308012943937%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=SUjOIoridQv6I%2FSc01P85aw9Fg53Xhcakn7fy65PKhA%3D&reserved=0
> https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fcsound%2Fcsound%2Fissues%2F1602&data=04%7C01%7CVictor.Lazzarini%40mu.ie%7C3ded33a41a3f451dc5da08da1eeea5db%7C1454f5ccbb354685bbd98621fd8055c9%7C0%7C0%7C637856308013100167%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=f0D1VrDeIS4VTezsrb9NmHfV%2FxCpONzicHutATIq31c%3D&reserved=0
>
> Maybe someone could look at those and tell me if those issues are valid problems, or not, if they are then I can submit issues as I find them, but if they are just supicious-looking, but working code, then I probably should not file more issues.. :-)
>
> Chee

Date2022-05-26 17:46
Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] Ugens/opcodes and possible bugs
I took a quick look, but I do not understand what babo is doing at all.
It seems direct is not used but I am not sure. Similarly I did not
understant the commenr about multiplying something y diret.

Antonr willing to look into this?

On Fri, 15 Apr 2022, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> https://github.com/csound/csound/issues/1602
>
> Maybe someone could look at those and tell me if those issues are valid problems, or not, if they are then I can submit issues as I find them, but if they are just supicious-looking, but working code, then I probably should not file more issues.. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Ola.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] [EXTERNAL] [Csnd-dev] Ugens/opcodes and possible bugs
I left a comment there. We have to be careful about changing behaviour.

However please continue to file issues. I think I fixed one of them already and if there's more, we should know about them.
This one I did not know what to do with and so never responded.