[Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages

Date2019-10-27 20:06
FromDave Seidel
Subject[Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages
In current develop on Raspian Linux: when I terminate a Csound run using Ctrl+C, I always see these two lines in the console:

  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...
  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.

This occurs even with -m0 (and -d). Not using any of the jacko opcodes, or indeed Jack at all.

I will enter it as an issue if that's best.

Date2019-10-27 20:07
FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages
*Csound, not Csoundo :-(

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 4:06 PM Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:
In current develop on Raspian Linux: when I terminate a Csound run using Ctrl+C, I always see these two lines in the console:

  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...
  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.

This occurs even with -m0 (and -d). Not using any of the jacko opcodes, or indeed Jack at all.

I will enter it as an issue if that's best.

FromStephen Kyne
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages

PUBLIC int csoundModuleDestroy(CSOUND *csound) {

  csound->Message(csound, "%s", Str("Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...\n"));

  int result = OK;

  JackoState *jackoState = 0;

  csound::QueryGlobalPointer(csound, "jackoState", jackoState);

  if (jackoState) {

    if (jackoState->is_closed == false) {

        jackoState->close();

    }

    delete jackoState;

    jackoState = 0;

  }

  csound->Message(csound, "%s", Str("Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.\n"));

  return result;

}

Can see it in jacko.cpp. First message seems to indicate it has begun trying to shut it down / clean it up.

Could be improved alright.

Stephen

In current develop on Raspian Linux: when I terminate a Csound run using Ctrl+C, I always see these two lines in the console:

  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...
  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.

This occurs even with -m0 (and -d). Not using any of the jacko opcodes, or indeed Jack at all.

I will enter it as an issue if that's best.

FromDave Seidel
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages
Probably there's no centralized logging system, with levels like WARN and DEBUG?

(off-topic, but also brings up my long-term bugaboo with the fact that Csound's primary console output goes to stderr...but I digress)

As I get closer to retirement, I look forward to doing more to help fix this kind of stuff myself.

BTW, thanks for fixing that little typo so quickly. Can't believe it took me so long to see it, given that I'm always using OSC lately.

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 4:14 PM Stephen Kyne <stevek@outlook.ie> wrote:

[...]

Yeah some kind of grading level for messaging would be nice to have.

If you want you can just fork the Csound git repo and make a pull request for changes. It’s pretty straightforward and would give a chance for other people to give their input.

No problem with the other thing. For spelling fixes, it’s probably easier to just commit the change straight away.

Stephen

In current develop on Raspian Linux: when I terminate a Csound run using Ctrl+C, I always see these two lines in the console:

  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...
  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.

This occurs even with -m0 (and -d). Not using any of the jacko opcodes, or indeed Jack at all.

I will enter it as an issue if that's best.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages
I think this is tracing leftover from
debugging, there was a ticket on this and
Mike was working on it.

On 27 Oct 2019, at 20:15, Stephen Kyne <stevek@outlook.ie> wrote:

[...]

yes, if this was meant to stay, then it should have been controlled by the msg level.

On 27 Oct 2019, at 20:32, Dave Seidel <dave.seidel@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

We have that and use it everywhere in the code.

On 27 Oct 2019, at 20:36, Stephen Kyne <stevek@outlook.ie> wrote:

Yeah some kind of grading level for messaging would be nice to have.

If you want you can just fork the Csound git repo and make a pull request for changes. It’s pretty straightforward and would give a chance for other people to give their input.

No problem with the other thing. For spelling fixes, it’s probably easier to just commit the change straight away.

Stephen

In current develop on Raspian Linux: when I terminate a Csound run using Ctrl+C, I always see these two lines in the console:

  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...
  Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.

This occurs even with -m0 (and -d). Not using any of the jacko opcodes, or indeed Jack at all.

I will enter it as an issue if that's best.

SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages
I’ve commented that out now.

> On 27 Oct 2019, at 20:47, Victor Lazzarini  wrote:
>
> I think this is tracing leftover from
> debugging, there was a ticket on this and
> Mike was working on it.

> On 27 Oct 2019, at 20:15, Stephen Kyne  wrote:
>
>> PUBLIC int csoundModuleDestroy(CSOUND *csound) {
>>
>>   csound->Message(csound, "%s", Str("Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy...\n"));
>>
>>   int result = OK;
>>
>>   JackoState *jackoState = 0;
>>
>>   csound::QueryGlobalPointer(csound, "jackoState", jackoState);
>>
>>   if (jackoState) {
>>
>>     if (jackoState->is_closed == false) {
>>
>>         jackoState->close();
>>
>>     }
>>
>>     delete jackoState;
>>
>>     jackoState = 0;
>>
>>   }
>>
>>   csound->Message(csound, "%s", Str("Jacko: csoundModuleDestroy.\n"));
>>
>>   return result;
>>
>> }
>>

>> Can see it in jacko.cpp. First message seems to indicate it has begun trying to shut it down / clean it up.
>>
>> Could be improved alright.
>>

>> Stephen

Date2019-10-28 14:47
Fromjohn
SubjectRe: [Csnd-dev] stray Csoundo console log messages
-m option is supposed to control levels of messages